Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

nausea and dizziness before periods?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I am 24 and during my period in October of last year I got headache,dizzy feeling, and nausea the day of my period. The dizziness and nausea lasted about 2 weeks. Then it happened again in February the day before. Lasted about 2 weeks. Also I will get really dizzy, heart beats real fast and just feel like crying sometimes. It's always with my period. Well about 3 weeks before my period(April) I got a headache. My head would pound a few times when I stood up. It went away. The next day I was nauseous and dizzy feeling. Lasted 4 days. Then the nausea and dizziness came back 3 days before my period this month(April). I will be going to the doctor sometime. What's wrong?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A21806
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Your symptoms could be related to ovulation and increased progesterone levels in the body after ovulation. The nausea, dizziness, headaches, increased heartbeat can all be attributed to increased levels. You should consider going ahead with visiting your doctor/gynecologist for a thorough hormonal analysis (both in follicular and luteal phase of the menstrual cycle). Treatment as appropriate would be started for you based on your investigation results.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.