Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Nausea after gallblader surgery?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I am a 42 yr old female. I had my gallbladder out three weeks ago. About 4 days after the surgery I felt my stomach turn and I felt really nauseated for 3 days. It went away and I thought that was it...but now I am nauseated again...will I be dealing with these bouts of nausea the rest of my life????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 19th, 2012
Experienced User
Maybe. Probably not. You should adapt over the next few months. If not there are some treatments available that may help.

You might be able to help yourself if you can identify particular foods that you react to, and then limit those until and if your body gets used to them. If you are currently unable to eat properly most of the time due to the nausea your doctor should be able to prescribe drugs to control the symptoms.
|
Did you find this post helpful?