Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

Natural vs meds treatments and can you combine

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
Hi - Im 40 years and female - I have been on bp meds for about 10 years now. Im currently on ramipril and amlodipine. My bp was 199/104 last week but has calmed to about 140/100. Apart from cutting down on the naughties booze and cigarettes I am planning using some tips Ive read about ie yoga, bananas and apple cider vinegar. Will this work and is it safe? thanks Charla
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2012
At your age blood pressures of 140/100 mm Hg are too high. By all means eliminate all alcohol and cigarette usage. Cigarettes lead one to a rotten way to die. Yoga is fine, and a regular program of exercise is desirable. If you are overweight - lose some weight. Strictly limit your salt intake. I would hazard the thought that adding a diuretic to your blood pressure medications would be helpful, and I suggest that you discuss this with your physician.
Please be aware that I am unable to diagnose medical conditions online.

An easy-to-read book about the heart for lay persons. Available at major online book retailers and other fine bookstores.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our High Blood Pressure and Hypertension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.