Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

Natural remedies for add and/or adhd??

Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...
Anyone here use a natural remedie for treating ADD and/or ADHD that they find is successful and works aswell as stimulant prescription meds but without the risk of serious side effects and other side effects???

Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2009
I have tried using...
I found that taking fish oil everyday along with eating healthier and having support from friends and family keeping me on a structured day helped A LOT. After a month or so I was to go through my days without forgetting to do things and could concentrate better and the plus side was I didn't have to risk hurting myself anymore with stimulants. Hope this helps
|

replied February 20th, 2009
Natural Remedy for ADHD
My son has ADHD. We have found wonderful products that work. The ones we use now is DHA ( by Nordic Naturals), Attentive child and L-theanine. These have worked wonders for my son. The proof was when I took him to see his psychologist and she couldn't believe the difference in him. He is like night & day. No more mood swings, does his homework, sits still, etc. These products together are the answer.
|

replied August 18th, 2011
Experienced User
Here's something I found that could be of great help for ADD/ADHD:

"Brain power is definitely boosted when taking Omega 3 fish oil supplements, regardless of age. In children, it is found that learning is enhanced when Omega 3 fish oil is taken on a regular basis. Omega 3 fish oil helps with focus, concentration and memory in all kids.

"Those children that suffer with the issues and symptoms of ADD or ADHD can especially benefit from Omega 3 combinations supplements and the provided boost with focus and comprehension. With so many positive effects on the bodies of children and adults alike, it is no wonder Omega 3 fish oil is gaining quite a following."
|

replied May 25th, 2012
ADHD refers to a range of behavioural-patterns suggesting poor attention-span. These may include restlessness, hyperactivity, inability to concentrate and impulsiveness.
It is a chronic and persistent condition, for which there is no definite medical cure available.
ADD/ADHD impacts many adults and its frustrating symptoms can hinder everything from your relationships to your career.
There are many allopathic ADD/ADHD treatments like methylphenidate (such as Ritalin and Focalin), amphetamine (such as Adderall, Dexedrine and Dextrosta). However these Allopathic treatments do not cure ADD/ADHD. They are merely a way of suppressing symptoms.
The resonance homeopathic remedies and advanced biotechnology Pancreatitis therapies like B Factor(Brain 200), C40 Brain Formula, C55 Neuro Homeopathic Formula, T19 Serotonin Dopamine Liquescence and TNMC - Neuro Medulla Complex are traditionally believed to support the brain's normal structure and functions and to support normal structure and function of neural tissues.
Also we use the best herbal combinations like Tab Cognium, a compilation of Ayurvedic herbs traditionally believed to support normal concentration and cognitive functions
|

replied August 30th, 2012
Experienced User
This ADD runs in my family. My father had it, but he just died. My elder brother dropped out of high school in 9th grade because everyone thought he was the dumbest kid on the planet. My son has it too and has been on vyvanse and adderall. I was sick lately and needed some ginger which I learned to love as a child, but this is the crystalized ginger (like candy and awfully hot). I too stared out the window, could never pay attention or anything in school, but when my mother introduced me to crystalized ginger, I became an A+ student. I have one year of college and married in 1975 and had to give back 2 full-ride scholarships. I am an A+ student because I learned go love crystalized ginger. Give it a try. Better than caffeine anyday!

Read more: ADD and ADHD Forum - diagnosed with adult ADD... people think im very imature http://ehealthforum.com/health/diagnosed-w ith-adult-add-people-think-im-very-imature -t358641.html#ixzz252ELapgz
|

replied July 7th, 2013
I have come to know about this ADHD and here are a few things that one should know. Now this is fully biological explanation.

1.) ADHD explanation:
Usually a neuron sends signals continuously to the other neurons when this signal is interrupted by some unknown forces it results in ADHD or ADD.

2.) ADD or ADHD
ADD is very rare if a person is suffering from ADD he surely must be having an another disorder(Psychological).

Conquering ADHD
If you wanna recover ADHD to an extent of 50% then follow the process as follows
Sit in a closed room and try not moving any of your body part(i.e controlling hyperactivity manually) After 10 to 15 seconds you will feel some strong feeling in your head don't get afraid just sit for a long time say 30 to 40 mins and then see the effect you will notice something different like as if you never had ADHD. but this effect lasts for only a few weeks continue the exercise and please do tell me your feedbacks on this. I will definetly help you a lot more on this

I will be waiting for your feedbacks

Thanks
James51
|