Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Natural pills for anxiety ?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I have checked around on the internet for other alternatives for social anxiety besides just the normal pills prescribed by doctors (zanax, paxil, etc) I dont really want to use these types of drugs. So in looking for alternatives I have found several web sites promoting all natural help for anxiety and depression. Has anyone tried these and had success?? I would really like some input before I waste my money on these medications.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 10th, 2008
natural pills for anxiety and depression
anp,

Verbena Officinalis, Poria Pararadicis, Ophiopogonis Radix, Polygalae Tenuifoliae Radix etc. help your 100% optimal performance by reducing tension (anxiety) and shifting your emotional state to a resourceful mental state... (depression).

SHHH!!! I hear that Leitzin and Serenadin have all of these ingredients and more in perfect balance already...
|

replied February 5th, 2009
natural pills for anxiety
Try L-theanine.... its a natrual amino acid derived from green Tea (with NO side effects). Its doesnt work for everyone, but it worked wonders for me!!... i was on Xanax until i discovered L-Theanine. Google it... you'll find heaps of forums were people swear by it!!

Regards
Steve
|

User Profile
How safe are natural pills?
I don't believe anything can have NO side effects!
|

natural pills for anxiety
I'm not aware of any side effect, but i would suggest you google "L-theanine" and do some research, you'll find its not a drug, but a natrual product derived from green tea. Some of those drugs available for Anxiety are so addictive!!
|

replied March 10th, 2010
Try kava. It's the most widely researched herb for anxiety and doesn't cause physical dependency. The root, however, is stronger than the capsules (sometimes much more so).
|