Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Nasal Cauterization(s) Side Effect

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I had my right nostril cauterized (silver nitrate) for the second time in 2/mo about a month ago. Since this 2nd cauterization, I have had an issue with my ears popping when I swallow and the feeling of my throat being irritated or swollen in someway. It is as if the healing scab/cauterization area is on a nerve cluster or something. This did not occur the 1st time I had this done, though my ENT had to go wider and deeper the 2nd time. My ENT takes months to get into see but I do have my annual physical in June. Is there anything I can do in the meantime to alleviate this issue?
Did you find this post helpful?
|