Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Mystery Vaginal Problem? I've been tested...

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Alright, this is going to be weird for me to say, but I've been having some issues lately. I'm having a white-ish discharge from my vagina, and I've been tested for yeast infections multiple times and Bacterial Vaginosis, etc., but it is none of these. I'm pretty sure I don't need to be tested for STD s because I'm a virgin, and have never had any sexual encounters what-so-ever (I'm a teenager by the way). When I was 13, I went without any periods from October to about March, and my school nurse thought it was PCOS, but I had no cysts. I had an ultrasound done by my gynecologist and they found my Uterus to be unusually thick. I was put on the pill, and was switched twice, and am now on the generic version of Seasonale. I've had 3 or 4 pelvic exams done, and the last one was completely DREADFUL! The forceps like things they used hurt so bad, and they used the smallest one there, and barely opened it to see my cervix. I've never had that much trouble with a pelvic exam! I'm curious if these symptoms sound familiar: Vaginal discharge with strong odor, some vaginal discomfort and itching, I'm having sleeping issues (if this pertains to this), possible thick uterus, swollen/inflamed vagina, difficulty even using a light tampon, a little burning with urination, some bowel issues. Please let me know all possible ideas; I have another pelvic exam coming up to see what exactly is the matter (the last two exams were done by nurse practitioners, and this one is going to be by my actual doctor) but I want to know the possibilities before I go there. Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 10th, 2012
Experienced User
I don't know if this would help, but it can't hurt as long as you get the correct yogurt. I suggest organic, plain greek yogurt (NO sugars or flavors) and insert it vaginally however you can. I understand you said previous exams showed you did NOT have a yeast infection or BV, but adding more good bacteria can only help if it does anything and it's easy to get.

best wishes
|
Did you find this post helpful?