Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

My 2yr old has lump on her right side of neck

User Profile
My 2yr old was diagnosed with Kawasaki Deasease Dec 1, 2010. On 4/1/11 was diagnosed once again with KD only diference this time her lymph node on her right side was very large. Of course once treated with IVIG the fever subsided and she was fine. Since than I've been seeing Rheumotologist and her Ped. for her enlarge lymph node which everytime I take her in they say she has a viral infection but yet she is fine. NO colds, no fevers, no flu's absoloutely nothing but this enlarge Lymph Node on her right side of the neck. This lymph node changes in sizes. I just took her in 2 weeks ago because it was quite large once again and once again with no blood work doctor attributed to viral infection - again she is not sick, no infections absoloutely nothing. I am going crazy thinking the worst. What can you advise me to do please? Where else can I take her? She still has that awful lump on her neck.... I've even considered going out of the country to see if anyone can help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2011
Experienced User
Insist that the Doctor run a test on that lymph node, He may be right that's it's just infected which can happen with no fever if it's localized in one set area only. But to be safe ask him to run a biopsy on that lymph node to be sure 100% and to keep your mind at ease I'm sure it's not easy not knowing 100% that's it's nothing to be worried about.

Hope this helps good luck!
|

replied July 27th, 2011
my baby sister had a lump in her neck when she was around one years old. It was not her lymph node, it was actually a knot in her tissue that with physical therapy went away over time. When we first found it we thought the worst like it could have been a tumor or something, but it was actually an easy fix. I don't know if it could be possible that maybe it is not her lymph node that is enlarged but maybe the tissue around it?

just a suggestion..
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2011
@ Julielav, the doctors that have seen her have said it is her lymph node. Thank you soo much for the suggestion.

@ Curious, I have asked for a biopsy but her pediatrician dont feel it's necessary. I understand that what you are saying about being possible even if theres no fever but this lump it's there. It does not leave, it changes in sizes but has never left. What are the odds that a child is fighting a viral infections for months?
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2011
Experienced User
its very possible but if it's gone on this long I'd see a different pediatrician because it's not right that you're left in the dark like this, if you see someone else tell them your situation and how long its been going on and that you just want to know what's going on because you don't feel your child is getting the proper care. To be honest I don't think they really know what it is if they keep telling you the same thing and just push antibiotics that aren't helping make it go away.

Best of Luck and My Prayers are with you and your child
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2011
@ curious, thank you Smile
We will definetely be going to another doctor with her. Someone has got to know what or at least be able to tell us why this is happening....
|