Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

My 14 yr old daughter got a rash all over her body

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
Hi, My 14yr old daughter wasn't well for 2 weeks, she had sore throat and her ears ached. Took her to the doctors and she was put on antibiotics which didn't work for the whole week, took her back to the doctors and they gave her another type of antibiotics which seemed to work. But then she developed a rash all over her body when we thought all was ok. Took back to the health centre where they prescribed an anti histamine, which didn't help. I had to admit my daughter to hospital, they gave her steroids pills and still the anti histamine, her rash and swelling went down, but now it seems that its re appearing on her feet. The only things she done different is too much of antibiotics, she done a hair colour shampoo, and slept at her friends who has a cat (she slept there before with no effects). With regards to the hair shampoo I spoke to a hairdresser and she told me if she had a reaction to it, it would have happened before, not after more then 24 hours. Can someone help me out please because I asked the doctors for a blood test and they told me we still will not know. Help appreciated thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 7th, 2013
Just gonna say, i suffer from Cholinergic Urticaria, which is heat hives/rash. I developed it a day after taking Antibiotics when I was 16. Almost 18 now and I still have it. I hope your daughter doesn't have it, because it seriously degrades your life.
|
Did you find this post helpful?