Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

my vagina has been itching alot

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
im 15 and a virgen and my vagina has been itching alot for the past 2 weeks, and it hurts a little and feels a little dryy. it happened to me once befroe but it went away in a few days. im worried becuase it wont go away this time.helpp ?!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Vaginal itching can be suggestive of infection or allergy.
Some suggestions for you:
1)Wear loose cotton undies.
2)Wash the area twice with Tea Tree oil mixed in water and keep it dry.
3)Apply OTC available antifungal ointments and observe for any changes.
4)Avoid douching,tampoon use,bubble bath etc.
If the symptoms worsen consider visiting a Gynaecologist as you might require prescription medications for relief.

Take Care!

|

replied July 16th, 2011
thank you !
|
Tags: itchy, vagina, becuase
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.