Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

my urine was always darker and had a strong odor?

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
So this is kind of embarrassing, but here goes. Awhile back I started noticing pain in the urethra of my penis. I had been with the same girl for a little while so I wasnt worried about diseases. Eventually I started noticing redness on my penis and decided to go to the doctor. They ran me through a bunch of tests and determined I had no STD's. Ultimately they said they dont know whats wrong with me. I later started noticing that my urine was always darker and had a strong odor. I also started noticing some light to severe back pain at times. And recently My back is constantly hurting and I feel weak, exhausted, dizzy and have a constant headache. Im also not sure if this is related, but Ive been having some digestion issues as well. I could really use some advice here because I feel generally awful on a daily basis.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2017
If all forms of urinary infections and STDs have been ruled out, then it is more likely that your urinary pain would be due to irritation of the urethra due to nonspecific inflammation.

In most cases the condition would subside on its own without the need for treatment.

Use of urinary alkalisers (citralka) can speed up this process.

Consult your doctor for a proper opinion.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.