Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

My story.. hope it helps you all quit and stay strong

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
hey, I'm nearly 17 now and have stopped hurting myself for a good 6 months or so, well badly at least. I never was that bad but possibly have bipolar and get incredibly depressed, sometimes for no reason at all. anyway i hope my advice helps someone else, it's helped me a lot:

to be honest i know its not advisable by i try and stop without a doctor.. can cause more problems than it's worth. keep yourself really busy especially at night when theres less to distract yourself with. talk to someone close or someone you barely know as they wont judge and will hopefully try and help. try and determine what the problem is and work on fixing them. find things worth working towards and work towards them. reward yourself etc. hope this helps
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper madinalockhart
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2011
thats a really good thought Smile im 14 going on 15 and was clean of cutting for about 6months as well but i broke and its gotten worse i cant really do anything to stop it idk what to do anymore. I know how to stop and what to do but they dont work for me and i WILL not tell my parents. I want to stop but at the same time i dont. The only reason i want to stop is bc of my bestest friend who im in love with and it hurts him so much to know that i have done it and he wants me not to do it so bad. But other than that i dont want to stop. Scars dont bother me at all.
|

replied April 19th, 2011
Experienced User
yeah i didn't mind the scars but i'm being bridesmaid for my cousin and they show really badly. will have to get a spray tan :\ it can be very annoying especially as i used to be a swimmer. it's very good that you stopped but what prompted you to start again ? :\ it's hard i've been very tempted but my wonderful boyfriend doesn't like it much ! i know its a good way to let out stress but there are many better things you can do.. sports? go out and have a good time? shop!? anything. i never told mine but my mum strangely revealed to my boyfriend that she did when i was little so he reckons i might have thought it was acceptable in some weird memory way as she did :S
good luck with the guy you love Smile
|

replied April 19th, 2011
Experienced User
yeah i didn't mind the scars but i'm being bridesmaid for my cousin and they show really badly. will have to get a spray tan :\ it can be very annoying especially as i used to be a swimmer. it's very good that you stopped but what prompted you to start again ? :\ it's hard i've been very tempted but my wonderful boyfriend doesn't like it much ! i know its a good way to let out stress but there are many better things you can do.. sports? go out and have a good time? shop!? anything. i never told mine but my mum strangely revealed to my boyfriend that she did when i was little so he reckons i might have thought it was acceptable in some weird memory way as she did :S
good luck with the guy you love Smile
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2011
thanks, um i guess my life was calm and everything was going good but just recently my life has become very hard and my parents dont want to be near the guy i mentioned because they think i could do so much better and blah blah but i dont want anyone else you know. They also made me do cyber school and dont let me keep in touch with my friends from school which i dont mind but there is my one best friend from school who has been there for mew through everything and she never calls or anything. They also make me watch my sister and drop her off and pick her up at school all the time and when i want to go some where i have to take her with Sad i feel like im being used. Plus my past still very much haunts me and i feel guilty for a lot of things that i guess i really couldnt have changed. I think i have some depression problems and im always changing moods randomly and im tired of it. My parents always argue i have problems getting along with my adoptive mom and im just tired of all the stress and i went back to cutting. i love swimming but i wear swim shorts so im covered and i love shopping but my parents wont let me have a job and wont give me money so theres that. im sorry for the long post btw :/
|

replied May 4th, 2011
Experienced User
sorry i only just found this now and sorry for not repling to it but i guess we've talking a fair amount about it Smile
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2011
thats ok. yea we have been talking a lot lol. oh and now they are making me get up at 7a.m and get my sister up and ready and breakfast and walk her to school. It's almost like shes my kid but if i wanted a kid i would have went out a found a random guy to get me pregnant. (i would never do tht) but im just saying i might as well.
|
Quick Reply