Medical Questions > Parenting > Toddlers Forum

My son fell and now has a big soft bump on his head.

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
User Profile
My son is just now learning how to walk. And ever since he started learning he falls all the time. But just today while he was walking in front of the coffee table, he fell forward and tried to catch himself by putting his hands out in front of him, but he still hit his head on the ceramic floor. Now he has this huge soft bump on his forehead. He cried for a bit then was fine. I put vaseline on it to help with the discoloration. My question is, is it normal for it too swell up so fast like that and what should i do too help it, if anything.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 25th, 2011
i have the same problem...no answers?
|

replied February 3rd, 2012
My nephew went through the same thing just learning to walk and fell and for him it is called a hemotoma A haematoma, or hematoma, is a localized collection of blood outside the blood vessels, usually in liquid form within the tissue you should get this checked out immediatly...hope it helps and he gets better <3
|

replied February 3rd, 2012
My nephew went through the same thing just learning to walk and fell and for him it is called a hemotoma A haematoma, or hematoma, is a localized collection of blood outside the blood vessels, usually in liquid form within the tissue you should get this checked out immediatly...hope it helps and he gets better <3
|
Tags: head, Coffee, all soft
Quick Reply