Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

my period hasn't stopped since I have started the pill?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I've been on the Birth Control Pill for 3 weeks now and my period hasn't stopped since I have started the pill, i'm 15 years old.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
geekayess,

While it is not uncommon to have irregular flow for the first couple of cycles when first starting birth control pills, if you are having a full menstrual cycle flow for the past three weeks, you should probably contact your gynecologist (or whoever prescribed the pills).

This is called menometrorrhagia, which is excessive bleeding at times other than the usual menstrual cycle.

Usually, by being placed on birth control pills, this is taken care of. So, since you are continuing to have problems, contact the provider who prescribed the birth control pills.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?