Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

My period ended 6 days ago, but I'm bleeding again today?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
So like I said, it ended 6 days ago and today when I went to the bathroom I had started bleeding again and it was heavy. I'm 18 and this has never happened before. I've been under some stress lately but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2012
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

It seems that you are having Dysfunctional uterine bleeding which can be due to psychological stress, weight changes,drug effect,underlying disorder etc.
The management of this condition would require treatment with progesterone to stabilize the endometrium and reduce bleeding.
Laboratory assessment of hemoglobin, luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), prolactin, T4, thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), pregnancy (by βhCG), and androgen profile would also be required.Kindly visit a Gynaecologist for evaluation.
Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.