Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

my period came two weeks early. whats going on?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi my name is hannah and I'm 17. I've recently taken a trip to florida where I realised my period came two weeks early! I've never had a perod that's been early in my life so I am a little nervous.at first I realised it had a brownish watery discharge mixed with some red blood, then the next day I barely had a period at all, and now today it is a full on normal period. I'm very confiused because I did have unprotected sex a couple times a week or two ago and I checked out i$plantation bleeding but the info on that said it isn't as heavy as a nornmal period. Does this stuff just happen sometimes, could I be pregnant, or could something else be wrong possibly? I wouyld really appreciate some answers.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Since you have had unprotected intercourse, possibility of pregnancy and implantation bleeding cannot be ruled out. Though implantation bleeding is said to be lighter than your periods (like spotting), few women can experience heavier flow. Other possibilities could be stress, change of lifestyle, place etc., causing hormonal changes and breakthrough bleeding. If you suspect to be pregnant, look out for development of any other new symptoms suggestive of early pregnancy. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for examination and blood tests to confirm/rule out pregnancy.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.