Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

my partner tries to blame me for giving him the virus

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
I met my partner in Dec 2002 and we had unprotected sex, in Dec 2004 I was diagnosed with HIV. In 2007 my partner had shingles and in 2008 he was hospitalized with a CD4 count of 50. At the time when I was diagnosed I had a viral load of under 500 and a CD4 count of just under 400. I started seeing an HIV doctor and went for 6 years without medication to the point wherein I was undetectable. Now my partner tries to blame me for giving him the virus (because when I found out I thought I had contracted it from my previous relationship) even though he did inform me after the fact that he had slept with people before that he found out post sex had HIV. Therefore, based on the timeline can it be deduced that he contracted the virus from me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 8th, 2012
At this point it doesnt matter but if neither you or him tested for HIV prior to meeting eachother & having unprotected sex then there is really no way to know where or who gave each of you HIV. There is just no way to tell
|
Did you find this post helpful?