Medical Questions > Relationships > Family Relationships Forum

My parents mentally abuse me and get away with it too easy

I am 15 years old and i think i have reason to look into changing family. i have talked to my friend and his parents and they said they are strongly considering adopting me. heres the problem since im not 18 my parents need to give it the ok which they will never do. since this is a case of mental abuse and not really physical (except on rare occasions) i cant really show any evidence to take it to court or anything. the mental abuse is basically normal family stuff but they take it way to far and they add more to it and i get the feeling they dont love me constantly. for instance i watch my friends parents and how they act around their kids and stuff and i long for that because they care for their kids and pretty much do the opposite of what mine do. (no im not just a whiny kid on here because they told me no to somthin this is a serious problem) one example they do all the time that eats at my self confidence to the point where i dont have much left is they compare me to my sister. problem here is my sister has all these natural gifts (photographic memory etc.) and i suffer from A.D.D. in other words she puts forth almost no effort to get straight A's while i work my ass off to get C's and B's and whatever i do is never good enough for them. so to sum that up they make me feel pathetic and not as good as every one else because my sister is smarter then me. i wont list all the things they do to mentally torture me because id be here all night but i have asked multiple friends about this issue including the one I could possibly be living with soon if i can figure out how to get there and most of them answered if their parents did this to them they would run away. i need to figure this out because my self confidence is shot and there is nothin i can really do about this without proof which because its mental and not physical i cant provide proof i am in need of serious help and any advise on how to either deal with my parents or get me to switch to the custody of my friends parents is a huge help. also no answers saying your 15 wait it out until 18 because by that time its kind of pointless cause i can move out on my own and not have to deal with it

-Thanks
Josh1735
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Josh1735
|

replied March 10th, 2010
Do you parents know how they make you feel?
|

replied May 25th, 2011
my mom does the same thing its a terrible feeeling and you dont knw wat to you your old enough to knw wat you want but young enough not to be able to do anything its frustrating because they knw tht if they say ok to give you to your friends parents they look like the bad parents which is wat they really are there only out for themselves there very selffish and dont care if your happy or not trust me i go throught this everyday my step dad beats my mom and still choses him over me my brother is her first and only priority and hes 18 he can take care of himself i have a son and i want nothing but the best for him and the best thiing for it would be to be at my friends parents like ours will never understand what they truley put us through we hurt more and more everyday we feel neglated and worthless we have attiidude and jus dont care anymroe living with tht for so long you get tired of caring tired of crying you jus wanna be done i knw how you feel
|

replied March 11th, 2010
@mcbuttercup yes they do and they dont care
|

replied March 11th, 2010
Hmmm.... that is a hard one because you are 15. There has to be some help lines of some kind... a school counselor? Have you tried that?
|

replied March 11th, 2010
i could try that but there is nothing they can really do
|

replied March 11th, 2010
check your inbox Smile
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2010
go to your local Mental Health or Social Services building and tell them EVERYTHING. Or even start off by going to your school counsellor and tell them that you are not going to settle with nothing. You are an unhappy kid and I can relate 100% although I''m a girl. Unfortunately, help won''t happen overnight because it''s not that simple. But all you can do, is talk to the right people, you may have to wait until your 16 just to make things a little more simpler. So, if you can hold on a little longer, do your best. Because once you are 16 (depending on where you are from, etc) you can just walk out. I live in Canada so I''m not sure if this applies to you, but I am now 17 years old and currently packing up my things to move in with a friend. It''s not easy, but as my mann Tupac would say "I know your fed up, but please, keep ya head up".
|

replied May 11th, 2010
I am having this same problem right now with my parents. i am fed up with everything that has happened with my mom and dad, they''ve been divorced since i was 4 but they both give me the same options either Moms house, Dads house, or Juvenile Deliquent center. I''m 17 and live in ohio, i really need to get away from my parents. I''ve tried suicide, running away, my guidance counseler, children services.. nothings worked any suggestions? because i really cant last until im 18 (which is in 10 months)
|

replied August 11th, 2010
Josh, have you made any progress since May? How are things going?
|

replied August 12th, 2010
I just wanna say suicide is never the answer it's just not worth it and no matter what happens u always have friends
|

replied June 2nd, 2011
There is light at the end of the tunnel
Hi, I was just looking at your posts about your situation. I will tell you a little story how it ended and how I use it to help the next generation.
I was adopted when I was 7, I was a victim of sexual physical and mental abuse. I was my fathers first born and my mothers second born, I had a younger sister she was not adopted and lived the life I didnt have to. I was lucky, I was loved, encourage, developed however I did not get there without serious issues. I was an angry child I was not supported. I yearned for aceptance to prove I was just as good as everyone else and went about it the difficult way, I thought of ending it, I thought of running from it but kept going because I knew I was a good kid. When I got to 18 I settled down but still had attention issues (I still yearned it) however by the age of 22 I had a wonderful gift of a beautiful baby girl who I vowed to cherrish and love and that is what I have done. She is now 18 and our relationship is fantastic. 3 years ago I met my biological sister and found that life had not been so kind to her she has repeated the circle of my childhood and her three children suffer terrible mental abuse and have been abandoned by child services, they cry to me please make it stop! I can not, there is no stopping her as she sees no wrong in it, we are at the moment in touch with social services and seaking the help of a human rights lawyer, we have managed to get two of them into boarding school with the help from charities. Child services have been called and are now working with us to help the children. I speak with them and say this as I say to you 'Your pain will not go un noticed by you, and you must remember this is her problem not yours, they are words that have no meaning and like dog poo you should throw them away as they are meaningless and move on'. Be strong and you will indeed live a great life, because you know the difference and the circle will be broken. Hang on in there look at the end game !!!!
|

replied October 7th, 2011
I understand...
Talk to your school counselor. He/she should (or ask) for phone numbers for social service counseling services in your area. Keep calling and trying to get in to see someone as soon as possible. Tell them how depressed you are. Get in to see a psych. if you need to. You need to know your not alone. I was there. I am not just saying that. It is terrible. I was kicked out and they would call me in as a run away. I was mentally and physically abused horribly. I was yelled at so much when I was your age. I still can't stand them. I try to play nice for family sake at this point (I am now 26). But I am still in therapy. If I knew about the resources that are available I would have gotten emancipated. You need a job, to stay in school and get your degree, and have your own place or somewhere stable to live. You can and will make it through. I am sorry for you. Hang in there. xoxo
Christine
|

replied July 1st, 2013
me and my mom went to the bank to get things and put the valued things back. I've got my sister's ring that she wanted and then I gave my mom because i didn't want to loose it. after 4-5 days later my mom ask for that ring and i told her that i gave her. For like an hour or so she was blaming me and telling me that i've lost it!!! i don't know how much i told her that i gave her back in bank!!! Later an hour she finally founded from her purse or something! I don't think I'm ever gonna FORGIVE her because of this! This was something unimportant but it really hurt me that she did this to me! Thah ring is just a ring but i'm her daughter!!! I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS!!!!!
|

replied March 15th, 2014
Hey I'm 16 and similar things are happening with me. My mom critcizes me on normal family stuff but her criticism goes way too far. She makes me cry every other day and you know when i cry she never even says a word she's like "I don't care if you are crying. I know you're a dramaqueen and now stop acting". Sometimes I try my best to be nice with her and give our relation another chance but she Iisn't worth that. I even tried to change everything about me that she doesn't like but it turned out to be useless cuz now it's her habit or let's say she liles to maie my cry everyday.
|

replied March 15th, 2014
Hey I'm 16 and similar things are happening with me. My mom critcizes me on everything I do whether good or bad and her criticism goes way too far. I cry everday bcuz of her but she doesn't care at all. She thinks that I'm just actin when I cry and she has given me a nickname 'Dramaqueen' well by calling me queen she's being sarcastic. She has taken away my smile my happiness my every good thing. Now I don't even hangout with my friends cuz she has lowered my cconfidence me self esteem By critczing me Iin every way she can. I feel so sick of my life. I was a girl who enjoyed her life to the fullest In every situation but now I've turned itno a silent freak. I need to get away from her. Any suggestions about what to do?
If you've worked out anything, then help me @Josh1735
|