Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Debate Forum

My parents can put me in depression to easily...

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hi..I am 20 years old...I do not know if you will consider it as a problem,but I decided to share my thougths,because I think that some neutral opinions will help me somehow...The case is that:i never was an ambitious child,never did something perfect or something really negative..I was always mediocre.i never spoke to my parents about my personal life,or given to anyone right to tell me anything about that..my advices were always the typical ones,such as "take care", or "always try to be sure" and such general stuf...since octtober of '09 i am in a stable relationship.and for the first time in my life i told my parents.the reason i did was that it is the first time that i love,and i am 19-20,i am not too young to inform them that i am in a relationship!this boy i am with really loves me,and we want to get married as soon as we finish with our universities...he has never done anything bad or at least,not good..he is always sweet and it is too obvious that we are both very happy and in love...i have met not only his parents,but his whole family..they all like me very much,and,i do not believe i say that,i sometimes feel more affectionate to them than to my own parents...
well,my father is a wise and smart man,that,although he is 45,his experience in life is too much.the problem with him is that he is very tough,and very biased...i believe that he is biased because as he say his experience in life is real and he has learned things and blah blah blah...but he is..my mother has grown up with very strict parents,who were locking the door after 11 o' clock at night,although my mother was 18..my father is the old fashioned man who called me a slaught when i was 12 and i wore boots...they were just boots...off course no heels..just a pair of girl's boots,to wear them at school in the winter...i first put mascara on my eyes 2 years ago...although he is strange,i always went out with my friends,on summers i stay out until 3-4 o' clock in the morning every night,on the rest of the year i do this on fridays and saturdays..i mean,he is not a dictator..my parents do not oppress me that way,and they let me go on 16 day holidays alone with my boyfriens...
well my problem is this:yesterday me and my boyfriend went out,and about eleven o'clock we decided to leave...he always takes me home,on foot because we do not drive,and then he leaves...well,outside my home we said goodnight and we kissed,very passionate.as we were kissing we heard a voice saying "may i pass?thank you..we have lost totally the control.."...it was my father....we stayed still....he went inside,as he was walking he said to me "come upstairs",i told him ok,but i didin't immediatelly,i was afraid and ashamed.then he came down again shouting and told me again to go upstairs,i told him that i was coming,and then he told me to come now,and my boyfriend told me to go..when i went up...ok...it was an experience like the onws that you wish you were dead,or you wish 800 other negative things happened,but not this...he was shouting..they were telling me that i ridiculed my house,my parents,my sisters,myself,and my father told me that my boyfriend means nothing to him,because -as my father said- he is a man and he didin't show respect to the man of the house,and then he said that he wanted to hit him very bad,and asked me "so this is the gay you are dating?he is a jerk!he is immature!but you are more immature and jerk than he is!!"...this was painfull...well,nether he nor i are as mature as many people,FOR GOD'S SAKE,WE ARE ALMOST 20!!!!i told my father that if my boyfriend doesn't mean anything for him then i better also not mean anything to my father...they made me feel awfull...i do not say that what i did was right,but i did it...i do not do it everytime!it is like doing something illegal while driving...you know it is illegal,but you do it and you say "ok,it is the first time,that's ok for once.."but my father...well....i told you,he is a person whose opinion is very important to me..and he is negative about the only person i love...about the person i would give my life for..it may sound silly,but guys,i am in love and i love...and it is magical and crazy...i do not want to leave him...
my father said that he is never again allowed to came into his house,and to tell him never again call me at house...the next morning when i woke up,i heard him reviling me...
i just cannot stand this situation...i then fought with my mother...well,i feel that i hate them..i trully feel that i hate them....they are "poisoning" the only good thing i have in my life...for the first time i love,and they try to ruin it...i am prepared to stop talking with them,if i have to...they should support me,or at least,respect the person i choose and loved...they are asking for my respection..the truth is they never respected me...discussion never helps inside my house,believe me....never ever....please,tell me anything you like about my situation...every opinion is important to me...but please,do not revile my father...he isn't bad....tell me that he is extravagant or whatever you want,but do not be mean....after all,he is my father...thanks...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 27th, 2012
depression given by parents
hey same is case wid me and m really really depressed b my parents..!! well m frm a very conservative family.. nd my father is also of very old fashioned thoughts nd m really very worried...!!
i cannat explain how much torture i hav suffered bcux ov thm.. bt thy blame me all the time ever since m born .. i do not hav a boyfreind but my issues are somehow related yo urs.. they always expect lot frm me.. they tell me no not tell but to force me to get good grades otherwise thy'll not let me study further and get me married by some old fashioned boy..!! ugh..!! :@
m only 17 cn u beleve it i want to study bt i have always been a nrmal student like u.. and they expect alot frm me..!! i tried to sucide many times sometimes by cutting the wrist, by hanging myself bt every time i failed.. nf m very depressed frm my life.. i often do not eat for 4 days bt my parents do not care.. and the same thing happened to me that u hav told tht once i waz putting on mascara standing in front of mirror getting ready to go to my frend's birthday party.. n my father saw me nd he called me a prostitue only bcux i waz putting a mascara.. :,( i remember tht night very well.. i cried whole night nd after tht it became a routine... nd m still crying while writing this... they have beaten me so many times and always do favourtim among us (me n my sisters) plx x anyone who read ths plx tell me wat to do.. m worried abt my future life.. my parents have cursed me tht i;ll b divorced by my husband nd my future life will be destroyed...Sad plx tell me wat shud i do .. shoild i take sum action against thm or should i just wait..?? thnks
|
Did you find this post helpful?