Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Forum

My pain starts from the top of my shoulder

Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....
User Profile
My pain starts from the top of my shoulder then to my fore ARM then to my pinkey thumb and finger my top of my thumb is numb all the tyme should I see a doctor?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 29th, 2011
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Answer A28987
Hi, Welcome to the forum. I am really glad to help you out.

In view of the symptoms, there’s a possibility of brachial neuritis (thoracic outlet syndrome).

It is due to the involvement of the group of nerves exiting from the spinal vertebrae, called the brachial plexus.

There is severe pain in the shoulder and arm which can radiate throughout the arm and parasthesias or tingling sensations are also present.

Various investigations like MRI (which you have already got done), x-ray chest, x-ray shoulder, electromyography, nerve conduction tests and nerve biopsy may be needed to confirm a diagnosis.

I sincerely advise you to consult a neurologist and discuss this with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.

For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Carpal Tunnel Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.