Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

My 2nd round of adult mono. Help!

Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
When I was 26 years old I got mono. Main symptom - severe fatigue. No sore throat, no fever, no stomach pain, etc. It took me at least 6 mos to start to feel better and even then I never felt like I got over it. One year later (I'm now 27) it's back. The fatigue is affecting my job, my relationships and my health. New symptom/cause - depression. Now on Cymbalta for the depression and still having extreme fatigue issues. I was told the mono had re-activated itself. I want to get better. I want my life back. Any suggestions??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 16th, 2011
OMG- i am so glad i found this post, I just got back from the dr and was told my blood test showed i "had" mono at one time and the dr thinks i have reactive mono, I am 48.....for all i know i had the original mono in my mid 20's while i was raising two children and wouldnt think twice about being this exhausted all the time.......I was blaming the fatigue & depression on the death of my Dad 7 months ago but now i know i am not the only one
|

replied July 18th, 2011
You are not alone. The 2nd time around seems to me like it's worse than the 1st. I'm only 27 but I feel/act 40 yrs older.
|