Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

My mom thinks I'm developing anorexia, but I'm not sure.

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
Okay so I'm 16 and I've never considered myself to be skinny; I have a really bad personal self image- but everyone else thinks I am. I think right now I way about 105, and I'm 5'3. So this summer my aunt died and it really upset me, and I just stopped eating as much so I lost like 20 pounds over a month period. I have continued to loose weight, but I still feel heavy. Now my mom's worried because she can see my ribs and my hip bones and part of my spinal cord. I just don't feel like eating; food just lost its appeal to me. I have also noticed that since I lost all the weight my stress level has gone down. I don't know if I'm anorexic or not, but I don't want to worry my mom. If I am what should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 6th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?