Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

My life is over

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I just caught my husband cheating for the 4th time. When is enough enough? I think now. We have been married 35 years. All the children are grown and gone. The rest of my life will be just floating along, doing the same old stuff day after day after day. Why? I have no friends I wish to burdon with this, why would I want to cause stress and grief to others. If I end it now, II'd like to think some people would be saddened for awhile, but they'll get over it. In reality, I think they would be relieved that they no longer have to worry about their crazy mom anymore.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 31st, 2010
NO!! dear janie i know i have no right to say this but what doesn't kill only make us stronger u already accomplish ur job being a good mum for ur kids i believe u tried ur best, if u feed up with this life is becoz if ur husband so cut him off go live ur own life do the things u have always wanted to do but didnt have the time for it. but dont think of ending ur own life just like tht no, we only live once and we never ganna get second chance so plz dont throught it away coz some 1 will be sad if u do .
|

replied August 31st, 2010
Janie, I can feel your hurts and I am sadden to hear of your affairs!
Please don't end your life just because your husband is cheating on you. You may want to start a new life without him, but don't end it, you may want to end this marriage but don't end your life!
|

replied September 1st, 2010
Experienced User
Re: My life is over
janie2215 wrote:
I just caught my husband cheating for the 4th time. When is enough enough? I think now. We have been married 35 years. All the children are grown and gone. The rest of my life will be just floating along, doing the same old stuff day after day after day. Why? I have no friends I wish to burdon with this, why would I want to cause stress and grief to others. If I end it now, II'd like to think some people would be saddened for awhile, but they'll get over it. In reality, I think they would be relieved that they no longer have to worry about their crazy mom anymore.

Hi Janie,

Sadly these days, life is like this, and what you are experiencing carries a lot of hurt and anger. The sad thing about it all, this is life, and what can you do about it?

There is so much to consider, and have you shared this with your children? Is your family a close-knit family?

As we get older, we always believe that life will get better, but sadly when we get into a rut of married life, it can become a bore. Have you thought about getting out of the house and get involved in something outside, such as volunteer work at the local church or welfare organisation, such as a soup kitchen or op shop. You will meet some nice people in this environment and feel that you are doing something for your community.

It’s really great to have a friend to dump on at times, and if you haven’t a friend then what about calling into the local church for help and a talk?

Janie ending one’s life isn’t an answer to the problem, the answer is to rise up above all of this and try to be who you really are. You are calling out for help, and there must be some support organisation in your locality that you can approach to talk to and to get help?

Why do you call yourself crazy? You can’t possibly be crazy because here you are on a forum sharing your life with others, who understand where you are and what you are going through. I’ve seen it so much, and at the time it appears that the rut that we are in seems to be getting deeper.

The rut won’t get deeper if you stand up for yourself, brush off what has happen, and try to see that there is a future for you. There is no quick fix to this problem, but I believe that deep down in your heart you know that you can overcome and conquer this trial that you have been going through for sometime now.

You can rise above it Janie, all you need is someone to support you, and that is why I believe that you need to speak to someone in ministry at a church and look for someone’s shoulder you can lay your head on and share.

God is only a finger tip away, and help is only a phone call away.
|

replied March 15th, 2014
Depression
Jannie me too is having depression feeling guilty that I have not known that my youngest daughter was molested by our babysitter when they were younger and she was raped by her male room mate. I found out about this horrible thing that happened to her through my oldest daughter. I told her we can still file a molestation charges and rape charges but she didn't to have anything to do with us. She divorced us and she hates us. I envy you that your children grew up with a loving mother and I am sure their Dad too. But in my case, I am a battered woman for 39 years. I was afraid to divorce my husband when my children was young. I said I am going to wait until they turn 21. But I became a born again Christian and the Bible teaches God hates divorce so I couldn't file for divorce and leave him. For the last 3 three years my husband is taking czre of me because I am now 64 and has been in and out of ER and Urgent Care and doctor's visit. My husband now cooks for me, clean the house, and takes me to doctors appointment. When I am so weak he spoon fed me. So I am glad that I did not divorce him because right now, he's the only one whom God sent to help me. The bible teaches that Jesus said that God allows divorce for adultery. You probably need to see a counselor for your depression. And you need to let your husband know how you feel and hurt he is causing you and your children. In a family, when one is hurt everyone feels the hurt. Have you tried sending him an email and tell him how you feel? That's what I do to my husband and I also talk to God everyday and read the Bible which gives a lot of encouragement. Try reading the book of Psalms, Proverbs, the 4 gospels, start with John, Mark, Luke and Matthew and Ephesians. Jesus said in Matthew 11:28, Come to ME all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. May the Peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and mind through Christ Jesus our Lord. Peace of God be with you always. You will always be on my thoughts and prayers.
|