Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

My life is a mess! (Page 1)

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
This isnt really a physical comment...more of a mental one. My life is a mess..im 31, i have no home,no gf,no friends,no job. I fall deeper everyday into a blackness,its becoming harder to leave (my fathers)
house. I was a royal marine 10 years ago and saw many terrible things and saw what the human mind is capable of inclduing myself...i am very wary of people and hate to be around them now.

Up to five years ago i was a very successfull person,ex royal marine..went to university..became an actor and was becoming very successfull but then it all stopped...now i am in debt to and almost bankrupt. The friends i had then and the gf are gone. I am surrounded by violent people in my area and find the thought of becoming aggresive AGAIN nausiating..war has a strange affect on people.

Last year i watched my mother and best friend die of cancer and feel that emottionaly i am numb now...i cant go through anymore pain.

I had to split with my gf because she is a muslim and i am not and marrage is out of the question for someone in my situation so i broke her heart..
i feel guilt,anger,sadness,anxiety,nervs and frustration

What would you do?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper blancomcr
|

replied May 29th, 2008
your problem seem to be...........
your problem seems to be a spiritual one and needs such attension.
|

replied May 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I feel for you. Perhaps you might consider getting some kind of theropy. You would be surprised how much it can bring out of someone. Sometimes intense fears that hide inside of us. I truly believe that if you can understan yourself and what it is in life that is so remorsful and depressing for you, you then can get the tools to combat it. A broken relationship where love is really a deep part of the feeling, is not easy to get over. You could use some lay back, informal help to get you through.

Best of luck
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2008
Supporter
I agree with Carol...
You've been through a lot and talking about it could be really helpful. if you don't address issues you can dig yourself into a big black hole.

Harmony1 xo
|

replied January 12th, 2009
do you want to rest?
maybe you can start by saying sorry to your ex-gf? and explain to her why you ended it all?
Read your bible one chapter a day, start from the gosple of John. Speak to Jesus, as if he is sitting by your side. you will see your life change right infront of your eyes.
Jesus said in Matthew 11:28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

God bless
|

replied September 29th, 2012
God bless you hai what a beautiful answer , if he understands what you meant, he will be living an abundant and joyful life soon enough and have peace till his death.I know this because I have experienced unconditional joy and prosperity and peace which always sound too good to be true but it exists with many people and families out there.You will receive the reward of saving him in heaven.
A FEW OF MY OPINIONS :
1) I according to the bible refrain from praying directly to yehoshua but to the father himself but only in the name of yehoshua.

2)I call him yehoshua (real hebrew name) not jesus as the bible says we should call him by his name(just to remove doubts from my mind by being sure).

3)Praise, worship and prayers go to the father and intimate face to face conversations, i prefer with yehoshua.because I am afraid I will say some thing disrespectfull to the father and although he might be content with that I wil spiral into pit of fear and demons are always there to damage our relation ships so , thats how I do it.
I know that the father , son and the holy spirit are one and the same but this is what the bible proposes , do you agree with me? God bless in yehoshuas name.
|

replied January 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
harmony1 wrote:
I agree with Carol...
You've been through a lot and talking about it could be really helpful. if you don't address issues you can dig yourself into a big black hole.

Harmony1 xo

i also agree with both ladies, you will find all this better to deal with if you talk to a professional good luck Jenny
|

replied April 8th, 2009
1 Year
It has been almost a year since you were in enough despair to write what you did. What has changed? Are things better or are you still in deep depression?
|

replied June 19th, 2009
Hey there,the main thing you should know is that you're not alone. The worst feeling you can have when things go wrong is thinking about how to cope alone with it also, it seems that others lives are "perfect".You are being hard on yourself,it's actually quite normal and more common than you realise to feel isolated when you are down. I know,been there and it is hard!!! I empathise 100% with you because you feel powerless to help yourself. I eventually went to my GP and then a psychiatrist where I was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder. However,through medication and Cognitive Behaviour therapy I have felt life has fresh hopes and new ,positive beginnings for me. during my twenties I had many succeses at work,in a relationship,with friends and then at 30 I became separated,had work problems and was involved in a major debacle with my Ex over the division of our houses,assets etc.It was horrible..I have settled things now but, I really feel foe you.I felt I didn't have a real friend in the world and that my life was ruined. I now have a more open attitude to life and see that the biggest success in life is simply happiness...You will find light at the end of the tunnel,talk to your doctor,look into volunteering,take pleasure in the things that you enjoy and look after yourself. I hope this is happening for you,take care xx
|

replied June 27th, 2009
I had the same problem as you,now some days i feel very good some days i feel terrible like before and this remind me for the bad past of my life,im 15,without good parents,understand if i cant help myself no one can,just try to relax go to a holiday,ask your dad for a couple money,if you havent friends go alone,its not that bad,you know its better without friends than with 10 false.Just be happy enjoy everything believe me this help.Do not touch drugs it does not help!Try dont think about nothing but the good part of life!Please we need to get out of this whole of !**@!!!No one help me and im just very little and a girl,but i did win!!Step by step!Listen nowhere is easy..my mom has only 5% for living she could die this were 6 months ago,my father all life wasnt good to me..my grandmother care for me but she is not a good quiet person ..when i was 5 i saw my home in ruins burning ..But i dont care i decide to trust only to me no one else, i love me egoistic but life made me this..Im like wall now no one can make me feel something,I did not tell this to no one only my family know and my ex best friend when we was kids,now we are in different high schools.The doctors and medicines will not help you,you will just lie yourself.You are still not a psycho,you are just need some love,trust,friends,just to go out of home,if u have go inside at nigh if u dont want to see a lot of people but go go out!You are 31 so visit some clubs..had 1 shot =)If you dont like the city where u live try to visit some other city like to holiday as i said..Love yourself!I know what,because im feel!Watch good movies,eat your favorite food!Live little more dynamic.You know the dogs are great friends.Live your life,dont make stupid things!live it,enjoy it to your way!TRUST AND BELIEVE,LOVE YOURSELF AND PEOPLE WHO LOVES YOU REALLY TOO!With love P.S.
|

replied July 23rd, 2009
well you see i also have problem
|

replied July 23rd, 2009
you see i also have a problem. In my work i love my work except for one thing my boss she is giving me a hardtime i think shes evil. I really want to quit my job but i dont want to dissapoint my parents. you see being with her is like hell, its like i fell into hell hole that i cant escape, i think i have a trauma because of her shoutings please help me i am really depress..
|

replied July 27th, 2009
I think you may be suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome. I assume you have seen some terrible things having gone to war. The feelings you have can happen to anyone who has been through what you have, and with the right help you can overcome them. I think it would really help you to go to your GP and tell him how you feel. You really have nothing to e ashamed off. Many people are going through what you are right now. My friends father was a police man, and eventually had to leave as he was so affected by what he witnessed, he was diagnosed with post traumatic shock syndrome. You have been through a very hard time and its so understandable that you feel down about it, you wouldn't be human if you didn't. I honestly think you can begin to mend and you do have hope. Your still a young man , with great possibilities ahead off you. Don't forget that.
|

replied October 26th, 2009
Look: life is short; war is terrible. What you need to do is talk to Jesus. He is the way, the truth, and the life. Perhaps there is more for you in this life than focusing on you and the bad things that perhaps you have witnessed or done. Go and help people; volunteer to pack food.- I know you don't have much yourself, but giving not getting is what will give your life meaning.
|

replied February 20th, 2010
help
i need help
i carnt take it much longer
i feel like my mum hates me and she looks at my sister in a different light to me
also i thaught this dude was going out with me that i liked for a long time and now i found out we dont even go out . im 12 but alot of things are complicated. i got chased by 9 people yesterday because they wanted to kick my head in.
someone just give me advice how to cope with things please!
|

replied March 17th, 2010
Never give up!
Hi, you know...I feel really sorry for what happened to you, but you should always be strong! Sometimes we go through really hard times, when we feel that everything is falling apart and there's no way out (I know it, I've been through this). But I firmly believe that if you stay strong, if you do not give up, everything will work out for you..just give people and yourself a chance, ok? You're definitely not alone in this. Do you see how many people actually replied for your problem? There ARE nice people, trust me! Smile You just need some time, a little patience and self-confidence and you'll see..everything will be great! I have not any doubt! If you've been through so much, you can overcome any difficulties, just believe in yourself and go straightly to your dreams! Wish you all the best! I'll cross my fingers for you.

PS Apologizing to your ex-gf would be really nice. It would be good not only for her, but will make YOU feel much better.
|

replied May 9th, 2010
There are times when things seem like a very long winter. Therapy & counseling help. Personal experience. But to be very honest, you have to look into yourself and see that part of yourself which is in pain. Observe it very consciously... feel the pain ... and then realize that it ain't you. Become aware of the reasons for the pain, what you experienced in the past and your relationship to it. Choose to step out.
|

replied September 24th, 2010
I know it, I know it all. there isn't an answer. there's just more of the same pain. I'm there, I'm in it, and there's no way out. wish I could help you, wish I could help myself
|

replied September 24th, 2010
you can say what you like on these things. May 10th, the last post on this site. May 10th. HELLO I am an apricot. useless assonance on a useless forum. the thing about being depressed, and I mean seriously depressed, unlike those stupid montages in movies that last like 45 secs and then everything's sort of tough, but hey, ok, is that it goes on and on and on and on and on and the rhythm of it is like a fire alarm that's gone off somewhere not close enough to really matter but just close enough to ruin every single thing, every single second, and it never stops. so what do you do? you post stuff on forums like this while your bf - so-called - is out doing, well you know..., and your family is like a million miles away and your mother, don't get me started: I have two, the one who adopted me and subjected me to 16 years of catholic violence and the one who gave me up and doesn't give a s...- lucky me. and now I guess I'm feeling sorry for myself, pull yourself together you useless bag of... and round and round it goes. so don't tell me that there are 'good days,' and that 'counselling helps' and that there is 'light at the end of the tunnel...' there is none of that, there is only tonight and one more long insomniac nightmare, with another just queuing up. so go figure, and if you're reading this, what? May to September, five months from now, enjoy
|

User Profile
replied September 25th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi dominicjoel,

Your life has purpose and you are here for a reason. Your birth mother gave you up so you could have life. You have been through alot of negativity and what should of been a good 2nd chance didn't fair out that way. You had no control over the choices that was made for your life earlier but now you do. Dispite everthing that has happened to you thus far, there are more good (in people and in life and in the world than bad). Focus on the right now and let go of the past. This one thing that I really suggest you do, focus on finding out why your mother gave you up, you need to know this, be it was so you could have a chance at life or wether she was young, scared, and forced to...whatever the reason, she could of chosen to abort you...she didn't ....That's LOVE! Don't allow your pain and not knowing the FULL story hinder you in fullfilling your purpose in life....Your life matters...go out and make a difference in someone else life and watch your blesings flow. Sorry it took so long to get you the encouragement you deserved...I do the best I can with as many posts as I post.

God Bless,

Faded Rose
|

replied October 19th, 2010
hi , your not the only person suffering , everyone has problems but everyone thinks he/she has the worst ones , i do i think , my life is changing in a bad way , can't do nothing to save it , i'm really disappointed , isolated from all the people i used to be with , my dad is the reason of all this he's selfish strict very noisy creats problems he hates me he already told me this many times but i don't do anything bad i don't smoke i don't spend too much money i don't hangout with bad friends i have good marks at school he don't recognize anything of these and make me suffer , i need a father in my life ... a real one .
i loved my studies , my friends and my family but now i feel like a dead person i hate noise , i hate all of this i want to live my life correctly i'm just 17 and these problems impress in my studies leave sad memories in my life !!! i'm lost
any help ?
|
12 >>