Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Fibromyalgia Forum

my legs are very painfull day an night too

Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...
User Profile
im 54 i have fiboalga i have had blood presher now under controle i have arthritis an waiting for a knee replacement my front an back calfs are sore an brused a lot im worried what is it i lost my dad this year im going abroad for 6 weeks too my legs are very painfull day an night too im on tramadol too.i also have fidromyalgai was told last summer

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2011
Fibromyalgia Answer A28044
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am really glad to help you out.

Since you are having a history of fibromyalgia, it can be responsible for the leg pain that you are having. Antidepressant drugs have been used frequently to treat fibromyalgia. Amitriptyline and Fluoxetine have been used to treat fibromyalgia.If the diagnosis of fibromyalgia is confirmed then you have to start with these.

In addition, the other causes like arthritis, low amounts of potassium, sodium, calcium, or magnesium in the blood, tendonitis, Shin splints -- pain in the front of your leg related to overuse or repetitive pounding, claudication, osteomyelitis,osteoarthritis and nerve damage should be ruled out.

I sincerely hope this information helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Fibromyalgia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.