Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Spleen Forum

My left side under rib cage feels very uncomfortable. (Page 1)

Must Read
Got pain under your left side ribs? Is your left abdomen swollen or tender to touch? You might be dealing with a problem related to the spleen!...
Certain diseases can cause the spleen to swell to several times its normal size. Learn the signs and symptoms of spleen problems here....
An enlarged spleen is the result of an underlying disorder. What spleen disorders do doctors consider during diagnosis? What tests do they use?...
About three weeks ago i had this feeling coming on adn i thought it would go away in a day or two but it didnt so i try to live with it but sometimes i cant cause i cant go to sleep that well and the only time i get relief is when im doin something active or laying on my side i cant figure out what is wrong with me so if you know what im talking about and going through write me. Please contact me im going crazy.

Thanks Caleb Rhyne.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper rottie1973uk
|

replied February 9th, 2009
Having the same problem!
Just recently, I started having the same problem. It is almost like there is this uncomfortable dull hollow pain on the left side of my body right beneath my rib cage. It feels better to stretch out my side, not lean over onto that side. The feeling is almost like there is this pressure inside of my on that side. Is this the way yours is like?
|

replied November 3rd, 2012
I have a very uncomfortable feeling on left rib cage kinda like the skin is too tight. Its not sore just very uncomfortable and find it difficult to get comfortable especially when trying to get to sleep.
|

replied September 29th, 2009
i exactly the same can anybody help
|

replied March 16th, 2010
Same tenderness in left side
Do you any of you have problems with constipation? I do and I have the same symptom also, although, not as uncomfortable, i notice I have a lot of gas when this happens. I did, however, strained just yesterday trying to take a crap, that might have contributed to the discomfort now. I am wondering if it can be somewhat like a hernia or a strain maybe.
|

replied August 7th, 2010
I have the same problems.. kind of scared.. Don't think doctors take this stuff seriously as I even went to the hospital one time for it.. doctor said if no blook or no real pain.. I am ok. not liking her answer..
|

replied August 10th, 2010
same problems also. no pain, just pressure on the left side.. Haven't thrown up or anything.. Last night, felt like my stomach area was generating heat or something.. I just want to feel normal again, like I did a few weeks ago.. This is really making me scared..
|

replied August 27th, 2010
I have had this issue since Oct 2009 and I was just dx'd with Celiac disease 2 weeks ago by a blood test- am having the endoscopy next week to confirm. This left sided rib pain is the reason I kept going from Dr to Dr.
|

replied September 29th, 2010
Hello.. Balenciaga.. So, was it confirmed that you have celiac desease.?

. I am going to ask for that endoscopy test when I see doctor next week. I don't know if my issue is with one of my organs..liver, pancreas, stomach.. or colon. As for colon, a colonoscopy is a long wait here in Winnipeg Sad
Thanks.
|

replied December 5th, 2010
Ribcage pain and loss of sleep...turned out to be swollen ribs.
I had a pain like that for exactly a week. It wasn't getting better so I finally went to the doctor. The pain that I have is not the ribs, but underneath and feels like a permanent cramp on the left side. There are no organs on the left side and if it was something internal then, when pushed on, it would not hurt...THIS HURT....the problem was swollen ribs and I was given painkillers and told to apply HEAT and take Advil many times daily. I couldn't sleep either because the pain was strong. It wasn't gas, because the pain would have gone away in a few days. Hope this helped and that everyone feels better Smile
|

replied December 16th, 2010
I have a pain under my left rib cage also. It feels like a swollen organ and it only goes away with a heating pad. It usually comes with constipation and gas. I had tons of tests done...colonoscopy, endoscopy, celiac blood test, gallbladder ultrasound. My doctor just recently diagnosed me with Splenic Flexure Syndrome. It is basically when gas and stool get "stuck" at the bend in the colon which is directly on the left side under the rib cage. I am now researching trying to find answers to this diagnosis.
|
Users who thank riss811 for this post: CadMcGee 

replied October 3rd, 2012
This is exactly what is wrong w/many people these days including me because of the intake of over processed foods.. we need to eat healthier and more like our generations did in the early 1900's from our own garden.. or atleast organic if you cant get fresh items.. Stool softeners, miralax, any thing that will help your colon be cleansed. I have a friend that is only 35 just been diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer, she will be leaving behind a family, husband and most importantly her 5yr old daughter... NO ORGANS ON LEFT SIDE>> INTESTINES ONLY>> COLON CLEANSING EATING HEALTHIER WAY TO GO>>>
|

replied December 2nd, 2012
LEFT SIDE PAIN UNDER RIB CAGE
I also get the pain on the left side under the rib cage. I do know that your spleen is located there. And my spleen is enlarged and I've been told that its causing my sharp pain under my rib cage. Just thought I would let you know that there is an organ on your left side.
|

replied June 26th, 2011
uncomfortable feeling behind my rib cage on left side
yes i have all same problems and when i went to doctors, i was given physical examination and tested my urine, my urine had blood, protein and white blood cells in it and i was given an antibiotic for infection, and buscopan for the pain, buscopan can be bought over counter.
|

replied June 26th, 2011
uncomfortable feeling behind my rib cage on left side
yes i have all same problems and when i went to doctors, i was given physical examination and tested my urine, my urine had blood, protein and white blood cells in it and i was given an antibiotic for infection, and buscopan for the pain, buscopan can be bought over counter.
|

replied August 6th, 2011
Pain in my left side
I have had this for many years now, but it has gotten worse over the last few months. The discomfort is just below my left ribs. It feels hallow or like something is missing (if that makes any sense). I used to be able to sleep by laying on that side, but now that does not even work. I toss and turn until I just pass out from being so tired. I have a hard time sitting as it just seems worse then. I am always pressing on it to try to stop the pain. My Dr. years ago just told me I had a popped rib, but I am scared and wish I knew what it really is. I have gotten to the point that I am so unhappy and depressed all the time.
|

replied August 6th, 2011
I have had this for many years now, but it has gotten worse over the last few months. The discomfort is just below my left ribs. It feels hallow or like something is missing (if that makes any sense). I used to be able to sleep by laying on that side, but now that does not even work. I toss and turn until I just pass out from being so tired. I have a hard time sitting as it just seems worse then. I am always pressing on it to try to stop the pain. My Dr. years ago just told me I had a popped rib, but I am scared and wish I knew what it really is. I have gotten to the point that I am so unhappy and depressed all the time.
|

replied September 2nd, 2011
Hi, I have also had the same symptoms for many years now and had been Googling my symptoms to see what i can find out when this forum came up. I was really interested to read about the Splenic Flexure Syndrome by riss811.
I have been to the doctors many time, only to be told I am fine or i have deep bone bruising in my ribs or something like that. I have never heard of Splenic Flexure Syndrome. but will be doing a lot of research about it now, as it seems to make sense. I find i am able to sleep for about 5hours before it becomes very uncomfortable, then i either have to get up, or go sleep in a more upright position, this helps and allows me to get some more sleep, I can go for few days without any discomfort and then i can have it for a week and so on.
|

Hi, I have also had the same symptoms for many years now and had been Googling my symptoms to see what i can find out when this forum came up. I was really interested to read about the Splenic Flexure Syndrome by riss811.
I have been to the doctors many time, only to be told I am fine or i have deep bone bruising in my ribs or something like that. I have never heard of Splenic Flexure Syndrome. but will be doing a lot of research about it now, as it seems to make sense. I find i am able to sleep for about 5hours before it becomes very uncomfortable, then i either have to get up, or go sleep in a more upright position, this helps and allows me to get some more sleep, I can go for few days without any discomfort and then i can have it for a week and so on.
|

|

replied November 2nd, 2011
I have been having issues as well and i have no idea what it is. im only 16 and i dont like bothering people with my issues so i havent told anyone but im really scared. I cant stand up right sometimes and i dont know what to do....
|

replied November 2nd, 2011
I have been having issues as well and i have no idea what it is. im only 16 and i dont like bothering people with my issues so i havent told anyone but im really scared. I cant stand up right sometimes and i dont know what to do....
|

replied November 10th, 2011
I think has somthing to do with drinking because I drink alot and I just noticed that same Pain
|

replied January 29th, 2012
I think it has something to do with drinking too, I've been drinking a lot in the last 6months, and woke up 2 days ago with a really bad pain behind my ribs and right under on my left side, thought that I might have pulled the muscle, but I've done that before, and it was totally different. So I guess will blame it on alcohol.
|

replied October 24th, 2012
Look into Hodgkins Disease. Apparently it causes pain in the left abdomen area after and is exacerbated from drinking alcohol.
|

replied January 29th, 2012
I think it has something to do with drinking too, I've been drinking a lot in the last 6months, and woke up 2 days ago with a really bad pain behind my ribs and right under on my left side, thought that I might have pulled the muscle, but I've done that before, and it was totally different. So I guess will blame it on alcohol.
|

replied December 4th, 2011
Worried Zir
I have the same problem its been happening for months now! And when to my doctors they just gave me pain killers, which I don't think I need because the pain is bearable its just uncomfortable. Anyone help??
|

replied December 4th, 2011
Worried Zir
I have the same problem its been happening for months now! And when to my doctors they just gave me pain killers, which I don't think I need because the pain is bearable its just uncomfortable. Anyone help??
|
12 >>
Quick Reply