Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Forum

my hands, arms, feet and legs are a 'honeycomb' pattern?

User Profile
I am 17 year old girl. My skin, most prominantly my hands, arms, feet and legs are constantly covered in a 'honeycomb' pattern, like thousands of little red lines crisscrossing over my skin. They only go away when I'm really hot, and get worse as I get colder. I've asked a few people about it, including a doctor, who wasn't very helpful. Most of them say it's because I'm pale, but there are plenty of pale people around who don't have this. It doesn't seem like there's any way to cure it - I've tried self tanners - but it's so abnormal, nobody else seems to have it (or at least nothing like the extent I have it). It's making me really depressed; I can't wear shorts or short sleeves in the summer, unless it's a really hot day, because it's so noticable. I can't stand the sight of it, it looks really horrible. Is there any way to get rid of it, even medicine, pills etc.?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2011
Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Answer A27781
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. It can be due to telangiectasia. They are small dilated blood vessels present under the skin especially on the face and can be due to environmental changes like sun or cold overexposure, skin trauma, overuse of steroids or venous hypertension. Sclerotherapy and laser treatment are the two main treatment options. Please discuss these treatment options with your dermatologist and get it evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vascular and Circulatory Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.