Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hair Loss, Hair Disorders Forum

my hair has become very dry and brittle

Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....
User Profile
what would cause my hair on my person to become very dry and brittle,also my knuckles to dry out and turn dark and wait for new skin to grow back to its original color.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2011
(online)
Kidney Conditions Answer A23234
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Your symptoms could be due to lack of proper nutrition as well as skin erosion and thickening as a result of persistent friction, while at work.

Application of moisturising solutions on the skin and use of good conditioners for your hair issues might be helpful.

You might consult a dermatologist for a examination and proper advice.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hair Loss, Hair Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.