Should I keep fighting?
Yes
No
Difficult to say
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
100%  100%  [ 1 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1
Hi, I'm posting just to tell you what's been going on with me recently and to hopefully get a reply or feedback on what I should do about the things that have been happening , I have been with my girlfriend for close to a year now and the first 6 months or so of the relationship were absolutely incredible. I would spend most days with her and we'd talk until early hours of the morning on the phone, but over the past 2 months her bipolar disease has really been playing havoc with our relationship. She started off acting quite weird and arguing with me over the littlest things , whenever we argued she turned into this horrible person who would put me down in the worst way she could, and it would seem she wouldn't have an ounce of regret until days after the argument, her condition is so bad that she tends to hallucinate and hear voices in her head. This even happens when I'm with her and she'll just stare at something for up to a minute without replying to me, I am currently doing my A-levels and she is in her last year of her gcse's. she tends to stay in bed most days and not even bother to go to school despite the encouragement from myself and her parents. At the moment she is visiting the doctors every two weeks to see how she is doing and she currently isn't on any medication. I he been with this girl through a lot and I love her more than anything in the world so naturally I want to see her get better and for our relationship to be back to the way it is. I would say I have a fair bit of patience with her and whenever she does decide to argue over nothing I try not to let it get to me because I know it isn't her fault. She only first told me about the voices because we were on the verge of breaking up and if she hadnt had given me a good explanation for why she was acting like she was I would of had no choice but to leave her and attempt to move on although it would kill me. I kept her secret about the voices in her head but after maybe the 20th time of arguing pointlessly I told my mum. I knew this was aid take because my mum then spoke to my girlfriends mum and told her everything. My girlfriend was so upset with me because she thought that out of everyone at least she could trust me and I wouldn't tell anyone. She has hurt herself a couple of times the worst bein when she stabbed herself in the leg because voices in her head told her she would hurt someone. Obviously all of this is stressing us both out but I don't have a go at her about it. I have done my best to educate myself on the disorder and I always try to understand what's happening and what I can do to help her. I am getting shouted at from every angle of my family because I am putting my girlfriend before my education but from the bottom of my heart I would do anything on this earth to make her happy. When we are with each other she is the most amazing person ever but it seems like when we are apart she is a lot more prone to having an episode( whether it be manic or depressive) we mutually decided to go on a break on Sunday so that we could sort out our schooling Etc. but since I have left her she says that she has been down on herself. She says she doesn't feel any positive emotions it is just sadness and worthlessness. She said she loves me and wants to spend the rest of her life with me and that she is So grateful that I have been by her side despite all she has put me through and I feel the same, I just want everything to be okay again and I'm worried that all my fighting and perseverance won't pay off . Leaning her is not an option I love and care for her too much to leave her battling this on her own. She even said that she would be dead by now if I hadn't been there to convince her lot to kill herself and pick up her confidence whenever she is down. What are everyone's thoughts on this I just want advice and maybe encouragement to carry on fighting with this girl that I love so much, thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 5th, 2013
Concentrate on your studies...
If you were my son I would tell you the facts. This girl needs to be hospitalized. She needs lots and lots of therapy. This is not girlfriend material. Do you know she could likely harm you? She is manipulating you and conning you into staying in a dangerous relationship. She STABBED herself! What if those voices tell her to stab you? You are hoping that she will return to the "fake", first personna. That was an act. She won't and you will get sucked into the mentally ill vortex. Get out now. You are young. Concentrate on your studies. Did you know this is a genetic disorder? Would you want children with her? I think not. Also, it gets worse with age. Can you imagine her 10 years from now? Please don't let this go any further. You need to have a long talk with your parents about all this. You did the right thing by telling your mother. Don't let her tell you differently. When you are afraid, there is a reason. Listen to your instincts. I hope you find the courage to leave and let her get well. You will find love again I am sure of it.
|

replied March 5th, 2013
I understand that it could be extremely dangerous for me but she has been to the doctors recently and they have set up therapy sessions for her. As far as my studies are concerned I have began working at my best the last few weeks which seems to be the right thing to do, but if she has been conning me this whole time what would be the point in it , what is she getting out of my misery?
|

replied March 5th, 2013
Wales,
I don't know you, but I know of bipolar. I don't have it but have a cousin that does. She is now in her forties. She has destroyed so many lives. I am just trying to save you some misery, thats all. You may have to find out the hard way. Again, trust your gut and don't stop talking to your parents. Good luck to you!
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2013
Community Volunteer
Good advice from WisedUp...Move on...She will not change...She will only bring you grief...Take care...

Caroline
|