Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

My girlfriend has bulimia and i dont know wat to do...

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
I just found out today my girlfriend has bulimia. She told me after i had visit her for the weekend. I couldn't get my head around at first but i love her so much that i just wanna do nothin but help her!! Shes afraid to tell anyone and feels like it is a very dark burden which really worries me. She hasnt told her parents cuz shes too shameful of it and only told me cuz were so close that we love each other and trust each other. I really wanna help her but she tinks its gonna push me away but i know it wont, she wants to help change herslf and get rid of it, but doesnt want me to help cuz she feels like i'll sufficate her and wants to take the first step by herself which i understand.But i really want help i dont know wat to do!! SO can anyone please help me, our relationship kinda hangs in the balance and i love this girl so much i cant lose her especially to this!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|