Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

my gallbladder is going bad.. ?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I just really need some insight..
All I have to go on is my symptoms, and the research I have personally done about this..
I think my gallbladder is going bad.. ?

I started having these chest pain episodes in July 2009, the first time it happened it was so painful I went to the ER because I literally felt like I was dying. The "episodes" occur "out of the blue". I may only have these episodes once every few months.. Its extremely weird. My doctor put me on a high dosage of Zantac. But the pill did not stop the chest pains from happening. The pain only happens at night, and it last for several hours.
My other symptoms are: I am constantly naustested.(no vomit), my stomach is ALWAYS upset, hurts. Diarreha. I don't eat very much because I can't. I feel bloated all the time. I don't eat much because my stomach gets upset, and I feel overly full, even if I haven't hardly eaten. I basically just feel like crap most of the time now. I am only 27 years old. My mother, who is an RN, thinks that its my gallbladder thats causing all this. Everytime I discuss it with my doctor.. . They keep saying, "my symptoms aren't typical".. Sad
All I have to go on is my research, and I believe there is a problem with the gallbladder(possibly).
I need some feedback, please.
Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2011
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health Forum.

The constellation of your symptoms including abdominal cramps, nausea, diarrhea, bloating could be associated with irritable bowel syndrome.

Usually a gall stone disease presents with right-sided hypochondriac pain which sometimes radiates to the right shoulder and back, Epigastric distension and fullness, which are aggravated by anger or intake of greasy foods. Other symptoms include poor appetite, eruction, nausea, coated tongue.

For proper diagnosis, you might consider getting evaluated with blood tests to check the function of the liver, complete blood counts and a Sonogram of the abdomen (Ultrasound).

Persistant diarrhea may require you to take imodium for a day or two.

For symptom relief, you may consider to take antacids for acid relief, activated charcoal for bloating and stomach gas issues.

You may consider to consult your physician for proper evaluation and treatment of the underlying condition.

I hope this helps.

|

replied February 9th, 2011
What does anyone else think?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.