Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

my ears pop and my head hurts. will medical marijuana help?

User Profile
i have a tmj on my left ear for about more than 3mounths i would say and everytime my ears pop my head hurts and i just wanted two if i would qualify for medical mariguana?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2011
TMJ Answer A23551
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Medical marijuana, is not for every one, and can be recommended only by a physician.

Though TMJ pain is very severe, the pain is due to neuropathic pain, and is not helped by use of marijuana.

You might consult your doctor who can examine you and prescribe better pain medications (prescription medications), which will help your pain better.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: ear, head, TMJ
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our TMJ , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.