Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

My Doctor Thinks I Have Endometriosis

Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
Im 17 years old and I have been having my periods since 4th grade. Before I started having my periods, I would have HORRIBLE cramps at night just a few days before Id start. Theyd last all night and nothing would help them. And then they stopped until about 8th grade. Id still have the pain, but not nearly as bad. Now I have cramps that basically make me want to shoot myself.
I have gone through midol, motrin, naproxem and codeine. None of them worked for very long, if at all. And now Im on Vicodin and Ibuprofen. Even Birth Control Pills wont help me. Not even too much with the flow of my period. My cramps still last most of my period too.
I went to the doctor the other day and she said she thinks I might have Endometriosis, considering that we have tried everything above. She sent me in for an ultrasound, but it came back normal. I have read that not all ultrasounds for endometriosis show anything unless its severe usually...
Im wondering if Im just an abnormal case of severe cramps or that I really could have this.
I have never really read anything about anything else that could affect me in this way...
Should I rule out endometriosis or not?

I guess Im just a little anxious right now...
Because I already have to wait three-four more weeks before my gynecologist appointment and Im also going to be on my period again that week...
Any advice on this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 15th, 2009
I wouldn't rule it out yet. Just be pateint and talk to your doctor about all the options. Do your homework and get all the facts and discuss them with your doctor. I wish you the best of luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?