Medical Questions > Parenting > Toddlers Forum

My child over eats

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
I was wondering why my 2 yaer old eats so much. No matter how many times he eats every time he see someone with food he eats sometimes he eats 2 plates at a time and then still comes ad wants food from my plate, his fathers, and his siblings, what could be causing this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 12th, 2011
Not sure what's causing it but, more than likely he's overeating out of habit. Try limiting how much you cook overall for everyone. Then let everyone finish their food. That way, he can't get what's not there (basically everyone having adequate servings). If he wants more food, then give him two choices of veggies, yogurt, etc.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: food, ad
Quick Reply