Medical Questions > Relationships > Troubled and Abusive Relationships Forum

My boyfriend abuses me but I don't want to leave him

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year. When we first got together, he was sweet and caring. A couple months ago, he started getting really insecure about everything. My best friend is male. He told me to stop hanging out with him, because he thought we were getting too close. When he found out we still talked, he hit me and called me a worthless c*nt. He'!**@! me a couple more times after that. Once he beat me so hard I had dark bruises all over my body. I know I should leave him, but I love him. When he's not angry he's the most genuinely kind person I know. He likes to cuddle and unlike other guys, will kiss me in public. I understand he has anger issues, but i don't think I can leave him.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2012
Its confusing being a relationship where you see the man you love and the man you fell in love with and then sometimes you see a totally different person. Ive been in one I loved him so much I thought I couldn't leave for many reasons. Part of it being love I didn't think I could live with out him. You need to know that they don't change abusers never do. As much as we want them to or try and talk to them about the behavior they wont change. Leaving is hard and we all do it in our own time. But know your not worthless and you dont deserve to be abused and you are strong person!
Hugs
Wings
|

replied February 17th, 2012
i understand im going through this right now....
|

replied February 19th, 2012
I had to end my relationship with my ex of 4 yrs and we have a son together. It is hard when you have conflicting feelings. But what if he would have killed you? How can you think he loves you? That is not love... That is horrible horrible pain he would never do if he loves you. Would you ever do that to your child? Even if they made you super mad? NOOOO--- There is no excuse to abuse someone. You deserve soooooooooooooooooooooooo much more than that. You deserve love and safety ALL of the time. I have been alone for awhile now, and its hard. I am scared to trust, but I want a healthy relationship.. One filled with love and respect...
|

replied February 19th, 2012
leave him. you should leave him and get some help for yourself. i feel awful that you have to endure this pain but you deserve so much better than this. someone has told me to read a book by Patricia Evans called ''the abusive relationship'' it will help give you insight, courage, understanding and strength ! which he has porbably taken all that from you.

it's easy to say leave but i can understand how hard it is, as i've just put a post up asking the same thing but my parter has never hit me and is getting help now. he wants to be a better person. but if he ever hit me i would not look back.

it will only get worse by the sounds of it. be strong and speak to someone who can help you. he will probably get more angry when you leave him so be prepared for that but don't ever let him touch you like that again. you deserve so much more and not to he hurt physically or mentally. unfortunately it's hard to realise but your love, no matter how much won't fix his problems. i just ready that 3 women/girls die every day (not sure how accurate this is) from being killed by their partners. what if that is you and he gets worse and acts out so terribly w/out thinking ???

best of luck, be strong and leave him. xx
|

replied May 25th, 2012
I'm going through the same exact thing. My boyfriend hits me and calls me names like bi***, cu**, cheater, and many other rude names. He makes me cry almost every night. I love him but he says if I leave him he will come after me and ruin my life. I also have some stuff over at his apartment and he says that he will charge me for storage if I break up with him but he won't let me get the stuff out. I don't want to be with him anymore but I don't know how to get out. Anyone else going through this please find a way out because I know how you feel. I need help!
|

replied July 21st, 2012
IN THE HANDS OF AN ABUSER
I have been in an abusive relationship for a long time and i'm now trying to get out but he won't let me, he threatens me by saying one of these days i'm gonna kill you. and I told him it was over and I don't want to be with him anymore and he tells me all the time that I don't give a what u do or who your with i'm still ***you even when your married so it makes no difference to me cause your mine and then he physically and sexually abuses me and its like he's proud of it. I'm afraid to talk to other guys, and to bring another guy in my house i'm afraid that he would seriously hurt me or kill me, and I think that way because he stabbed me a few years back he wanted to know what it was like to stab me so did and the blood came out he wiped off the knife and begged me not to call the police and he apologized and the other time was when he put the gun to my head and pulled the trigger. I'm afraid of the Man that I once loved for twenty years I bared his children and we have a granddaughter together. my family love him to death and he knows it. my kids and family loves him enough that they protects him instead of me.

I'm trying to move but afraid to let him know that i'm moving he found out I was talking to a guy friend and he slapped me so hard my head turned to the other side and the bones in my neck cracked... all I can do is pray that God help me out of this situation before he take my life.

for those who are in a relationship and saying how they love him, and don't want to leave him but one way or another you will leave in a body bag and then he moves on to the next victim while he took yours. please try and get to a safe place and get help because an abuser does not change and can't change him but be safe take care of yourself and God Bless.
|

replied April 15th, 2014
what if a stranger abuse you sexually /physically...bet you will not forgive or you will react and avoid him....over here not a stranger but our own lovers ..so it mean we should ignore?...its only because we have soft corner for them...when you compare him with a stranger ,you will feel stupid that you still love him....i called myself stupid too...
|

replied June 11th, 2014
LIFE IS WHAT LIFE DOES
Life is a sh**, i love a girl very much but never in life she respect me, care for me but her past relations she was very active. So its obvious that men get angry and when you specially sacrifice everything for the sweet word she said before the relationship. And importantly a relationship is 99% sacrifice and 1% happiness when you leave it will surely be vice verse.
|