Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

My anxiety attacks keep coming back...

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
Hi, I just turned 22 half a month ago and I've been experiencing "anxiety attacks" since Sept '09. I wasn't able to see a doctor about them at first cause I didnt know what it was that was effecting me. Then I lost the health insurance in 2010 so I never got my chance to see a doctor. I ended up in the Hospital about 6-7 times in '10 cause of them, but whats concerning me the most is they are coming back most often than lately and sometimes they are "different"...
When I'm having one, I have the urge to spaz/twitch heavily, difficulties breathing, slight chest/back pain(mostly by the shoulder blades), sometimes lose my balance, dizziness, when falling asleep i gasp for air, (naturally have a speech impairment) my speech gets worse than usual/ stutter more), loss focus/cant stop staring, and there's more..
The attacks happen often, more than usual, and its hard to live my life and I've become depressed cause of it because I haven't been able to enjoy the activities I use to in a long while and I dearly miss my old life. please, I know I need to see a doctor (which I am soon) but I just dont know what to do..
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Bill1987Sidcup
|

replied March 5th, 2011
i know what you are going through. i have the same kinda issues as in the hard time breathing, twitching, dizziness and so on. i have been dealing with this since november 2008. i have been living in WA and the docs out here have been trying me on so many meds so far that they either dont work or make things worse. but all you can do is try and see what works for you. but again i know what you are going through. if you ever need someone to talk to i am always there to talk to Very Happy i have learned making friends and having someone there to talk to and not be alone is a good thing and helps me most the time.
|

replied March 6th, 2011
Hi nutmeg just recently joined on here I have had chronic anxiety and panic attacks coupled with hypoventilation attacks for 5 years now since end of 2006 and I'm taking three different medications for these.

I can honestly say hand on heart that I simpothise with you and it defiantly can be debilitating and very hard pain but most of all very scary to live with
I find it's like living with your evil opposite twin!
It can be very stressful indeed!
Last year in April I was visiting my nan with my parents for some reason my anxiety was playing me up more than usual I sat down in my NANs sitting room than I had this big urge to run for the hills my hands trembled I couldn't speak my legs were shaking than all of a sudden I went as cold as dead corpse and whiter than a ghost! my mum looked at me and said you don't look well than I felt like I was dead!
My parents took me to the hospital straight away!
It later turned out that I suffered a very bad panic attack with a very severe hypoventilation attack they were sticking with more needles than I can count on that I can tell you luv.
|

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2011
Hi Nutmeg..make meditation only work for you.Meditation lessens anxiety levels and anxiety attacks..It is proven that setting a few minuites aside for meditating can effectively bring about a bright and calm state of mind.It not only stop lessening ur anxiety levels..bt also relieves you with renewed energy..It's essential to pay attention to our inner health..Everyday try to have a few minutes kept aside as 'me' time..Listen to ur mind and body..Over a period of a few days, you will be able to know what your body's telling you.It may sound funny , but try it and you shall see gud results..By jst including meditation in your daily routine for few minutes will definately solve ur problem..Hope u wll like my suggestion..
|