Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

MVP & Heart murrmor

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
About ten years ago I was diagnosed with a heart murrmor. Last year I had this feeling of my heart beating in my neck..it was very fast and I also felt like what was a twitch. I was taken to my doctor and she said I was having tachacardia and admitted me immediately to the hospital I also had some stroke symptoms. They did all kinds of tests and I was told I have a mitral valve prolapse, but was not put on any medication. Today I was in a very stressful/threatening situation and I could feel my heart thumping very hard and fast in my neck. I was very shaky, and could not speak without stuttering (never had a stuttering problem) It took awhile for these symptoms to subside. Does anyone know if this sounds more like a panic attack or anxiety? I have been diagnosed before with severe post traumatic stress disorder. Is there a possibility it is a combination of things? Thanks for your help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|