Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Muscle twitches, tingling and constant worrying

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hi all.
I'm a 26 year old male and I think I've developed anxiety through the years.
I have two girls, a 14 month old and a 5 year old who can really be a handful and is just plain difficult to deal with sometimes. I'm a stay at home mom, which may sound like a really easy job, but it really isn't, specially in the summer vacation when I have to stay home with both my girls the whole day.

When I feel really stressed and worried I get muscle twitches almost anywhere in my body and small tingling at times. My muscles also get stiff cos I can't relax and sometimes I wake up at night really sweaty and heart beats like crazy. I also get nightmares.
A relative died from ALS a few years ago and of course I'm scared to death that I might get it too, specially after I was really anxious one night and googled my symptoms. Since then I've been a nervous wreck, constantly worrying that something might really be wrong with me. Although, deep inside I know there's nothing wrong with me except the stress, because when I can really unwind and relax the symptoms go away, but relaxing isn't really easy.
I had my blood checked out and it was fine, nothing was wrong with it and my blood pressure was fine.
Now I'm thinking if I should try and work this out myself or if I should talk to my doctor and ask him for some medication, although it would of course be best not to.

What should I do? I was really happy and bubbly before but now I'm just worried, stressed and really jumpy.
Please help me Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|