Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Multiple Sclerosis

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
User Profile
I Have had two MRI's. First MRI I had 1 Enhancing lesion. The 2 one I had three more enhancing lesions. I had a lumbar punctar that showed 10 IgG bands. I also had an abnormial VEP for my left eye. The only symptoms I have are cronic migrains, fatigue (controlled with provigil), and I keep getting tingingling in my feet on a regular basis then burning sensations in my feet. I have not had any symptoms last more than 24 hours. I do not go back and see my neuro for another month. I am worried about my military carreer. I have been in more than 15 years. Is it very likely he is going to tell me that I have MS from the tests that were performed even though I haven't had any episodes lasting for 24 hours.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2008
Multiple Sclerosis Answer A4186
Was first seen for cronic migraines and had MRI. That is when I was told I might has multiple Sclerosis. then had a second MRI's. 1 Spinal tap. VEP test.

According to the results from the diagnostic procedures (MRI, spinal tap and VEP) you could be experiencing multiple sclerosis (MS). Episodes that last less than 24 hours are not typical for MS but whatever it is you have brain damage. You may want to also consult an ophthalmologist to check if you have optic neuritis which is very typical for MS. Right now your symptoms are not so difficult but you can’t predict the future evolution of the disease.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Multiple Sclerosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.