Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Multiple Sclerosis or Not? Cervical Radiculopathy?

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
Hello, I've been having these symptoms and I am worried.

I am 34 years old, female. Over a month ako, I started experiencing pins and needles on my right side (arm, leg, foot, arm and hand). I was describing it as a buzzing sensation. It radiated to my left side. Then I started feeling arm and hand weakness on my right side. There was a time it was even difficult to open and close my hand. Not really painful but difficult. I also feel tired around my shoulders and tired when I push down with both arms.

I went to see a neurologist and she asked me to take cervical spine x-ray and an ncv and emg. The cervical spine x-ray showed cervical spondylosis with osteophytes in c5 and c6. The ncv came out negative. But the emg "indicated" cervical radiculopathy at c6. I thought I was in the clear but when I visited the neurologist again, she said the findings were inconsistent with my symptoms.

Now I am experiencing weakness on my left arm and hand as well..as well as both shoulders. Also I am experiencing joint pain (both wrists and fingers), and tightness in my ankle and right knee. My right leg also feels heavy and weird. I can walk fine but it feels really strange. I also experience muscle twitching (constantly in my eyelid below the eye), once in while in my right calf, once in a while in my left calf and once in a while on my back. Then even stranger, it seems like my symptoms reappear and get worse before and during my menstrual period. I feel a lot better after my period but the symptoms return a few days before I start menstruating.

What do I have? The neurologist has scheduled me for an MRI next week but I am so worried. Are the symptoms MS?

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|