Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Multiple Sclerosis and Flying

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I'm not sure if I've come to the right place to post this but it was the first place I saw... I have a question. My boyfriend of 5 years was diagnoised about 2 years ago with Multiple Sclerosis. He has the remitting relapse kind and he is on Rebif 3 times a week. My question is this: He's flying out for a business meeting on Friday and he has to take his injection with him on the plane. I've tried looking at TSA's website about bringing needles on a plane and I can't find anything. Is he going to have a hard time getting on the plane? What all needs to be labeled on the needle?
Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I would contact the airline in which he will be traveling with and find out what their requiremets would be as well as how to get this through security.

I do believe he will need a written note / script from his physician stating why needles are required to be carried on board, etc.
|
Did you find this post helpful?