Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

multiple patchy foci of low attenuation in the white matter

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
my mum had a brain scan and this is the resukts, but i dont understand it. since the scan she has been diagnosed with mental health problems, but at the time of the scan i was told she had the onset of dementia.

CT HEAD
there are multiple patchy foci of low attenuation in the white matter of both cerebral hemispheres and lacunar infarcts in the region of the basal ganglia. the appearances would be in keeping with moderately severe small vessel ischaemic changes, no acute infract or interarnial heamorrhage demonstrated, there is mild genelised age related cerebral volume loss, no region atrophy
. my mum is 77
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 29th, 2012
My sister did CT scan this year. The finding said: there es patchy low- atteuation within the periventricular and subcortical white matter. and also said in the impression: Nonspecific white matter change could represent small vessel ischemic degenerative change or a possible demyelinating procress. She has every day headache. She very worry with this report. thank you so much for your help.
|
Did you find this post helpful?