Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Mucus in swollen red eyelid

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
Okay. So a few days ago, I noticed my eye was hurting pretty bad, like something was irritating it, but when I looked in the mirror, I wasn't able to find anything. I fell asleep and woke up the next morning with a puffy eyelid (just on my right eye). I didn't think too much of it, because I have a cist (I think, my doctor refuses to call me back to see what it is) on that eye, and it has swollen before. It's like a ball in the center of my right top eyelid and it's hard. Anyway, I just thought it'd be like before, where my eye would be puffy and I'd look dumb. But I woke up the next morning and it hurt so bad and there was mucus coating my eyeball and lined my upper and lower lashes. So I pulled it off from the lashline and my eye is very watery still. I also noticed that eye has very blurry vision, even with my glasses. So I was looking at the symptoms of pink eye, but my actual eye isn't pink; my eyelid is just red. Some symptoms are what I have, but I didn't know if there was anything else that this could be. I know you're going to tell me to see a doctor, I just want suggestions. Please and thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 21st, 2009
Community Volunteer
OK, see a doctor if it gets worse...In the meantime, get a clean cloth and soak it in hot water...Hold the cloth up to your eyelid and let it there for a minute...Then take it off and rinse it with more warm water and do it again...This should help...Otherwise, you know what to do...Go to the doctor....Take care...

Caroline
|

replied January 14th, 2010
This post was awhile ago, but I thought I would add my 2 cents in anyway!

I used to get pink eye all the time when I was a kid. It's really contageous, so try not to touch either eye, but especially not the one without the pink eye. Even though your eye is not specifically pink, it still sounds like pink eye.... By you saying you have the crusty stuff.
|