Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Mucus, Flatulence and constipation

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I am 23 year old male and since few months ago, i noticed that my stool have some mucus everytime when i pass motion, but i dint really pay much attention on it. However since 2 weeks ago, i noticed that i have difficulty in passing motion where i need to strain everytime to pass motion, and i also passed a lot of gas in the toilet. Everytime after finish, i noticed there is significant amount of brownish or clear sticky FOUL SMELLING mucus when i wipe. I dint find any blood in my stools or toilet paper. My stool diameter varies. Sometimes when i feel i have the urge to go toilet, i rushed to the toilet but end up just passing out gas and mucus.I dont have any abdominal pain.I consulted 2 doctor but they said is due to my bad bowel habit. For the pst few months i tend to supress my feeling to defecate because I always too busy with my job, when i reached home and have time to pass motion, the sensation dissapear. Now i end up having trouble passing motion. I have no family history of colon cancer, but i am extremely worried about colon or rectal cancer. What is actually wrong with me?

KCH
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 5th, 2009
I had a colonoscopy and bariumm enema to find out that I have a redundant colon but in these tests they were also looking for Khrohns , colitis, and diverticulitis .The only way to find anything out is to push for tests. Good look.
|
Did you find this post helpful?