Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Asthma Forum

Mucus and asthma ?

Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
Okay how does this whole thing work with Mucus-Phlegm and Asthma work exactly ?

Does Asthma cause you to spit -hack -cough mucus ?

Where does your mucus come from ? Nasal as in Post Nasal Drip ?

I always feel i have Mucus 24-7 , never comes out my nose only threw my mouth.

Clear and Sticky , sometimes i hack up from my lungs and its white with a tab bit of yellow in color not a string deep yellow as when your sick.

In the morning i can open my mouth and look at the mucus in my throat and going down my throat.

Now can anyone explain this who Asthma and Mucus thingy ....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 9th, 2011
Hi I coughed up a load of mucous after my attack this morning. I am also new to asthma. Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2011
Asthma is an inflammatory disease of the lungs. When your lungs are inflamed, they produce a lot of thick, sticky mucus that is hard to move out of the lungs.

Normally, people with healthy lungs produce about a cup a day of thin, watery mucus to the back of the throat and swallow it without even realizing it. This is a little harder to do when you have asthma because of the consistency and amount of the mucus.

The mucus at the back of your throat may be caused by rhinitis (inflammation of the sinuses) that is many times linked with asthma.

Inhaled corticosteroids are the medication of choice in dealing with the inflammation. My recommendation is to see a doctor that specializes or has an interest in asthma or allergy management to get it under control ASAP.
|