Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

MS or something else?

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
Hello, I have been having some strange symptoms for about a year. The main symptoms I get are dizziness and muscle twitching, and extreme acid reflux and swollen throat. The dizziness seems to have calmed down, but not the muscle twitching and the swollen throat. I am also developing a small tremor in my left arm and hand when it is extended. Another very strange symptom I suddenly developed is I cannot for the life of me drink alcohol. Even a sip makes me feel horrible. All of this might just be explained with something simple if it wasn't for the tests I had done.

My neurologist found 4 very small brain lesions on the left side. He said he had no idea what it could be and we would have to wait.

The other thing that is wrong with me and has been wrong with me for the past couple years is hypercalcemia.

I'm wondering if there is a link between the hypercalcemia and brain lesions. My doctor has no idea, and neither do I. Any ideas or input would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2013
Hello,
Small brain lesions are probably unrelated to the rest of you symptoms. You probably have to be seen by gastroenterologist and endocrinologist.
By Andre Strizhak

Providing Top Neurology Services in the New York area. Excellence in treating headaches, dizziness, and head pain.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Multiple Sclerosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.