Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

ms - extreme anxiety?

Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....
I have extreme anxiety with a recent divorce and do focus on the medical issues .I recently went to er after having muscle spasms in same place legs and
Arms acks for over a month ..He thought Ms . I recently went to a neurologist and he said it was anxiety with no tests .. I'm so scared I have Ms as I have 2 children that
I provide for .. I am starting to lose control .. Any advice ? Please
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2011
Experienced User
Life is what you make it
Make sure you're eatting properly (lots of fruits and veggies) and take the essential vitamins (i.e. multi vitamin, fish oil, b-complex and vitamin d)

Take yoga and do deep breathing. This is important. Your kids need a healthy mentally stable mom.

Also, get in shape and treat yourself to a makeover. You want to look your best so you can attract Mr. Right.

Enjoy the rest of your life!

Tricia
|

Ms or aspatamine poisoning
Thanks for response ...I'm actaully the dad ..
I was thinking I've been drinking alot of diet soda
With aspartimine in it over last 3 mos .. Could this
Be the culprit of severe spasms and mimic symptoms of ms .
I'm desperate for answers
|

I want to be the best dad I can be it this mental
Thing of not knowing is very debilitating to say the least ..
I'm scared my world is crashing all around me and my body
Is not allowing the happiness ...
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I just typed a long response and it vanished into cyber space. (I hate when that happens!) I'll start again...

First of all, you are what you eat. If you eat crappy foods, you are going to feel like crap. Eatting too much foods that are too acidic (i.e. soda, too much red meat, starchy foods, processed foods, caffeine etc.), can prevent the brain from functioning properly and invite diseases. So, you may want to look up "alkaline diet" and start making extremely healthy food choices.

The vitamins I suggested will help your mind relax. In a couple of weeks, you should feel way better.

Also, you should check out "Brain Health: Food as Medicine" on Youtube. It's a six part video. You will learn a lot, so be sure to take notes.

This may seem like a lot of work, but it's worth it.
|

replied December 12th, 2011
Ms ?
Thanks for the thoughtful reply .. You mentioned vitamins?
Can you let me know what you recommend . I could not sleep
all night and I'm contemplating checking in to hospital with mental
Equastion .. I'm having such a tuff time . Thanks for taking the time
to try and help me . Does anyone no why my body would be in spasms
Muscle twitches for over a month and a half .. Vision at night is affected
And can't sleep ... I'm getting scared .
|

User Profile
Experienced User
VITAMINS
multi vitamin formulated for men (energy)
fish oil (helps brain function)
b-complex (calms the nervous system)
vitamin d (happy pills and prevents many diseases)
magnesium ( helps the body maintain balance)
melatonin (natural sleep aid)

You'll find these at health food stores. But, research each one first. It's good to understand what you are taking. Your symptoms are stress related. Your body is out of balance. That's why it freaking out. You are going through a lot. That's why you need to stop and take care of yourself.

If you don't attempt to correct this properly, and you check into a hospital, an doctor MD will happily perscribe sleeping pills, antidepressants and God knows what else. Needless to say, those drugs do more harm than good. They are extremely addictive and will leave you feeling, sounding and looking like a zombie.
|

Ms fibro or anxiety
I did not mention aching feet and hands .. Over the last 3 months my spasms started in my calves and know in my face and eye twitches ... It's seems worse everyday .. I had a physical at neurologist just visual and he said he does not see Ms presenting this way this fast .. More like anxiety just confused with foot pain and hand pain .. Could it be fibro ?
Real bad spasms in shoulder blades .. As I type my joints in fingers hurt ... My eyes were just tested today for neuritis and came back clean ... I'm scared that this is tacking over my
Life .. To much to lose ...
Any other advise
Memory with dates has been off thruway that can be anxiety as well ...
Any ideas
|

replied February 8th, 2012
STRESS!! does extremely weird stuff to your body trust me I get upset tummy aches pains nausea and pins and needles and tingling numbness in places You could possibly have an anxiety disorder
|

Ms or stress
After 2 weeks of spasms or twitch free Span I developed the cold or
Flu and was in a argument with the ex wife .There back again ... It sure was a nice
2 weeks .. Do you think it's stress or anxiety or Ms coming back quickly
Thank you
|

Ms or stress
After 2 weeks of spasms or twitch free Span I developed the cold or
Flu and was in a argument with the ex wife .There back again ... It sure was a nice
2 weeks .. Do you think it's stress or anxiety or Ms coming back quickly
Thank you
|

Probably Stress that is causing anxiety symptoms! I went through a very Ugly breakup in 2008 My health has never been the same since It really does some horrible things to your body! Do some research on eating healthy exercise and perhaps seek a councillor or phycologist to talk too if your feeling over-welmed
|

Thanks for the advice ... Sometimes you feel there is no
Where to turn .. I appreciate it ... Besides it's my birthday
that should help
|