Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

MRSA Staff infection in kidneys

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
I was wondering if someone could tell me what effects prolonged exposure to the MRSA Staff infection can have on the kidneys. I actually have mrsa in my kidneys, and have had it since June. I've been on countless antibiotics (oral and IV) and it won't go away. My doctor is hard to talk to and I am thinking of changing docs. If someone has any idea, that would be great.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2011
Hello and thank you for your post on e health forum.

MRSA infection in the kidney can result in a number of conditions including pyelonephritis, renal abscess, recurrent urinary infections, etc.

You might with progressive damage of renal tissue and loss of renal function.

You might benefit by taking a second opinion from a urologist and get tests like kidney ultrasound done for proper evaluation of the current status.

I hope this helps.

|
Users who thank DEEPAK ANVEKAR for this post: shadow2k 

replied June 16th, 2012
Methylglyoxal kills MRSA
Manuka Honey contains methylglyoxal...it kills MRSA. Manuka is a shrub that grows in New Zealand. Manuka honey can be bought online and at healthfood stores.
|

replied March 4th, 2013
colliodal silver kills MRSA. I am currently taking it with hopes of seeing improvement in my symptoms. Hope you get better soon'
|

replied March 4th, 2013
mrsa
colliodal silver kills MRSA. I am currently taking it with hopes of seeing improvement in my symptoms. Hope you get better soon. Such a scary thing to have. I have bad results with regards to blood work, pain in my legs, low blood pressure,and kidney pain. The doctors keep beating around the bush and haven't put me on any antibiotics. I've had these symptoms for 3 years and its getting worse. Its affecting my quality of life and I'm feeling really sick. Blood tests weren't to high or low but are now getting worse. I sure hope the Colliodal Silver helps me its my last hope. As no one is listening how bad this is. Good luck to all the MRSA sufferers out there.
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.