Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

MRI of mass on thigh

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
I just had an MRI on thigh "mass" (recently had an ultrasound that revealed nothing, they didn't even see a mass), I was told by my doctor that it would be best to to an MRI and that they would inject a liquid...so I get to my MRI and she put the "thing in" so it s ready when it s time for the injection during the MRI, but they came back in after 20 minutes and said oh we won't need to inject after all, what does that mean??? They also told me when I went in that I would need to go for a x ray after the MRI and they decided not to send me for that either??? I am a little worried and would like your opinon, I am not sure if I should think this is good news or bad...

Thanks so much for taking time to respond.
Greatly appreciated.
Julie
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
So, did you have an MRI without injection?
How does this "mass" look like?
Is it like protruded bump on your thigh?
Were you suggested biopsy?
|

replied May 2nd, 2008
Yes, MRI without injection (they decided not to do the injection, see above)
Mass is 4 x 4 cm on the back of the thigh above the knee. You can't see the so called mass that much, but it's there. As of yet, no biopsy has been suggested. Still awaiting results from the MRI.

Hope this answers your questions.

Julie
|

User Profile
replied May 12th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Does this mass feel like enlarging painless soft-tissue mass located deeper in thigh muscle?
Are you experiencing malaise feeling?

This can be one of the most common soft-tissue sarcomas, that in almost 60% affects lower extremities.
|