Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

MRI -bulging disks or diffused bulging disk from a fall?

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hi , I also was wondering if you had some time to review my MRI report and tell me what you think please, I really need help trying to find out whats wrong with me please. Thank you

THIS IS THE RECENT MRI DONE FEBRUARY 12 2012

There is a mild scoliosis of the cervicothoracic junction convex to the left ..

At C2/3,there is mild disc bulging.

At C2/4 and C4/5,there is mildmild central disc bulging and minor osteophyte indenting the thecal sac.

At C5/6,there is diffuse disc bulging and osteophyte,more prominent centrally .

At C6/7,the disc is unremarkable.

At C7/T1,there is very mild disc bulging and minor osteophyte,

No cervical disc herniation or spinal stenosis is demonstrated.

There has been some interval loss of height with depression of the central canal of the spinal cord which measures up to 2 to 3 mm in diameter over a length of approx. 3 cm at the C5 and C6 levels. The appeaance is consistant with a prominent central canal or possibly a tiny syrinx . This appears stable taking into account differeence in technique.
The Cervical spinal cord is otherwise within normal limits in signal intensity . No evidence of cervical cord demyelination is seen. The cerebellar tonsils are normally located.

Impression....Mild degenerative chnge as described. Mild Scollosis of the cervicothoracic junction convex to the left. Focal prominence of the central canal verses tiny syrinx at the C5 and C6 levels. This apperas stable back 2005 taking into account difference in technique.
Interval development of some loss of height involving upper thoracic vertebrae , mainly involving the superior endplates. This may be related to insufficiency fractures . I s there a history of significant trama or osteoporosis ? correlation with bone moneral densitometry may be helpful.

RECENT BRAIN MRI DONE IN JUNE 2012

BRAIN MRI JUNE 2012.....Findings;

There is NO Interacranial mass lession,edma or midline shift. NO abnormal T2 or FLAIR signal is present within the white matter.There is NO restricted diffusion or abnormal susceptibility.

The Craniocervical junction, posterior fossa and internal auditory canals are NORMAL. Normal intracranial flow voids are evident.

The visualized oortions of the orbits,paranasal sinuses,and mastoid air cells are NORMAL.

CONCLUSION:

NO acute intracranial abnormality with NO abnormal white matter signal.

I am not as concerned abt the Brain MRI as I am abt the Spinal MRI,I was wondering can I get these bulgingdisks or the diffused bulging disk from a small fall, I tripped while walking and fell , landed on my knees and caught myself with my hands , the only injury I had was my left hand was swollen for week and brusied where my thumb and wrist is , no sprains , nothing broken, and then abt a feww weeks after that I went into a hot tub, and put the jets directly on my neck and back ,, I feel like I caused injury to my neck and back from that , is that even possible? Thnaks , I pray your able to review my MRI for me ,as Drs said theres nothing causing this pain I am having .

Read more: Back Pain Forum - What does my cervical MRI mean? I am in so much pain. http://ehealthforum.com/health/what-does-m y-cervical-mri-mean-i-am-in-so-much-pain-
Did you find this post helpful?
|